Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Intel Sapello S5000VSA - no SATA RAID option in BIOS available

JDepa
Beginner

Hi Community,

I am on the Intel S5000VSA Mainboard which comes with 5 SATA ports and according to the manual with SATA-RAID:

Motherboard Properties:Motherboard ID63-0100-000001-00101111-040209-Chipset$0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 04/02/09 11:22:06 VER: 08.00.10

Motherboard Name

Board Part Number

Intel Sapello S5000VSA

D29137-716

However, there's no RAID option in the BIOS available. I updated BIOS to the latest version, checked several times all settings according to the manual and this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwKsqSZP0Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwKsqSZP0Y but there's really nothing...

Any idea to enable SATA RAID with the "magic trick" ?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Johannes

1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Johannes,

Intel no longer provides interactive support for this discontinued server board. As an additional recommendation, please make sure you have quiet boot disabled in the BIOS Main tab and make sure that the settings for Mass Storage Configuration under Advanced tab, are arranged accordingly to the RAID controller you are looking to use. Ensure the drives are connected and been detected.

If the issue persists after checking these settings we strongly recommend replacing the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Johannes,

Intel no longer provides interactive support for this discontinued server board. As an additional recommendation, please make sure you have quiet boot disabled in the BIOS Main tab and make sure that the settings for Mass Storage Configuration under Advanced tab, are arranged accordingly to the RAID controller you are looking to use. Ensure the drives are connected and been detected.

If the issue persists after checking these settings we strongly recommend replacing the board.

0 Kudos
JDepa
Beginner

Thanks for your appreciated response.

After I resetted BIOS to "Default Settings" and restarted the system, the appropiate RAID option in BIOS appeared.

Best regards