Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4792 Discussions

clear cmos for DX58SO2

liviu_00000
Novice

hello i have an old DX58SO2
somehow i was change the pci express someting and the screen was remaining blank .
the mainboard has no jumer clear cmos
does anyone remember if there is any procedure for clear bios >?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Clear CMOS by unplugging the system from the wall and then removing the CR2032 CMOS Backup battery from the board for 15 minutes.
Considering the age of this board, you might want to put in a fresh battery while you are at it.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi liviu_00000,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that the Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO2 has been discontinued.

Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for them, but perhaps fellow community members know to jump in and help in case you need further assistance.

However, you may find the last bios for your board, including release notes, here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191119132351/https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23054/BIOS-Update-SOX5820J-86A-?product=50242

You can also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Kindly note that this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding. 

0 Kudos
liviu_00000
Novice
Unfortunately I let computer without battery 25 hours but nothing. The computer stay in 2d couple seconds and reset. I was change 3 videocards. As I remember I was change a option in bios menu pci something . I was put from 64 to 256
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With a description like that, it is difficult to help you. Please provide a complete description of what your original problem was and what you have tried to do about it. Since you seem to be struggling with English, try responding in your native language and we will translate - but remember that screen captures, etc. that include non-English text are useless as we cannot translate these.

...S

0 Kudos
liviu_00000
Novice

That problem appear when I  was do modification in BIOS. at PCI express menu 

I don't understand how I was messed up like that . 

The screen is blank .

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
The 0x2d POST code is not explicitly documented, but it is in the range used for memory and chipset initialization and failure handling. Possible causes for halting here are bad/failed memory, bad memory configuration, bad chipset/PCIe configuration, etc.

Now, you can always use the Back-to-BIOS button on the board's backpanel to get yourself back into BIOS Setup. After doing so and arriving in BIOS Setup, use the F9 key to reset the BIOS configuration and the F10 key to save this change and exit. Remember to then power off and reset the Back-to-BIOS button. If there are changes you need to make in the BIOS configuration, you can use F2 to enter BIOS Setup when you again power on.
Hope this helps,
..S
liviu_00000
Novice

the keyboard is not responsive 

20240424_071822.jpg

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is telling us nothing more. The failure is occurring during the memory initialization phase. 

From working condition to failing condition, what changed? Did you add, remove or replace any component?

Barring that, what are the DIMM(s) that you have installed (full product ids, please)?

Next, let's try some diagnostics. I suggest that you disconnect *all* external components (USB, Audio, LAN, SATA, eSATA, etc. - including keyboard and mouse) from the motherboard and remove all but one DIMM. See if the system will POST successfully with that DIMM in the DIMM1 socket. If not, try it in the DIMM2 socket. If not, try it in the DIMM3 socket. If that too fails, start the process again with a different DIMM in the DIMM1 socket.

If you cannot clear POST with *any* single DIMM installed, there is a high probability that a major component on the motherboard has failed. In this case, it's time to pack it in.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
liviu_00000
Novice

i was remove all external components.

if i put a single dim the mainboard , the pc give 3 beeps (memory fail)

if i pul in  2 3 4 no beep , the screen is blank and i get 2d error.

i have switch 3 video card and 2 ram memory 

the issue (blank screen) apper after i was switch in bios menu the pci express something because i don't remember

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In case you don't have them, I have attached all of the documentation for this board.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For each DIMM that you have, you should've performed three power-on tests with that single DIMM installed into DIMM1, DIMM2 or DIMM3. Please be thorough and test all combinations. If you have 4 DIMMs, that would be a total of 12 power-on tests. If you want to be really thorough, you could also try with that single DIMM installed in DIMM4, DIMM5 or DIMM6. That would be am total of 24 power-on tests.

Do not forget that, during all of these power-on tests, the Back-to-BIOS button should be engaged and lighting up when the power button is depressed.

If all of these single-DIMM tests fail, then either *all* of your DIMMs are collectively bad (highly unlikely), the motherboard is bad, or the processor is bad.

If, on the other hand, you are successful in POSTing and entering BIOS Setup, immediately use the F9 key to initiate a BIOS Configuration reset.

...S

0 Kudos