Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

the NVMe PCIe switch of Wolf Pass

DHuan29
Novice

Hi all,

I have a question about the NVMe PCIe switch of Wolf Pass.

do this PCIe switch support MCTP?

or when a host sends MCTP to PCIe switch, this switch will pass MCTP to NVMe devices.

Thanks,

Derek

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting us.

Before to provide additional information about this, could you please so kind and provide to me the brand name and model of the server motherboard that you are using?

Also, please provide to me the model of the PCIe Switch Card.

On the other hand, please provide us more details about the implementation that you are trying to configure in order to have a better understanding of this situation.

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
DHuan29
Novice

Hi,

the wolf pass is Intel® Server Board S2600WF.

PCIe switch is SKT NV-ARRAY E-23.

so far, we are estimating this service board works with MCTP or not.

we would like to send MCTP via OOB. 

does it work?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Derek,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

I would like to inform you the Intel® Server Board S2600WF will support the MCTP over PICe.

Also, let me share with you the following guide that will provide you a better understanding of this configuration that you are planning to implement; please check the information below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/mctp_over_pcie_access_control_list_extensions.pdf MCTP over PCI Express Access Control Extensions

Nevertheless, could you please so kind and provide us the PCIe HBA that you are using in order to connect the PCIe Switch to the Intel Server Board?

On the other hand; due to the fact that you are using a third party PCIe switch (SKT NV-ARRAY E-23), It is important to verify with the manufacture of this component if the device support Management Component Transport Protocol. I was doing some research from my end and I found that this PCIe Switch use a Base Management Controller with Redfish and IPMI.

Please make sure the information and let us know the outcome in order to proceed with the next step.

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
DHuan29
Novice

Hi Emeth O,

Thank you for the information that you offered.

ok, the S2600FW meets our requirements. this one will be our first choice.

this PCIe switch is one of our choices. if this switch is not suitable for S2600FW, we will change it.

we appreciate that you spent time on this.

Thanks,

Derek

0 Kudos