Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

9-Patch borders showing

John_L_11
Beginner

I have created a couple of 9-patch images, PNG 32bit, created using the 9-patch editor, saved with the .9.png extension, but cannot figure out why all the black borders are still showing. Please see attached image

The larger image is assigned as a background image in a Row, The smaller image is assigned as a background to another Row. I have tried changing the image setting in the Styles palette to "Fit, stretch, cover, center, but the black borders still show. The images appear to be scaling correctly when we switch the view to Tablet so I believe the images themselves are ok.

Is there a plugin that needs to be installed will display these 9-Patch images without the borders?

The framework is HTML5/Cordova.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

9-patch images will only work within a built app, and I doubt that they will work at all within a Cordova webview. They are meant to be used with native Android APIs, not with a webview. Cordova supports them for use as splash screens, but I am not aware if they are supported anywhere else (in a Cordova app). The Intel XDK creates a standard Cordova (aka PhoneGap) app.

0 Kudos
John_L_11
Beginner

Thanks Paul. No wonder why it wasn't working. Oh well. For the background, I reverted to using a CSS3 gradient effect which is a little less graphic intensive anyway. However, it would be great if Cordova added support for 9-patch images in the future. Very neat feature.

0 Kudos