Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

A www content

Aleksander_D_
Beginner

How to show a www content with tab or panel control without phone build in browser?

I mean to jump to given www address on click or something else event from the application and to have back button to the one too :)

help please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Aleksander -- if I understand what you are asking, I think what you are looking for is the inAppBrowser plugin. Please read the documentation for that plugin in order to understand all the options available with it.

0 Kudos
Aleksander_D_
Beginner

I will be looking for this plugin. I analized Demo project available in XDK system to make my idea possible. When it is in emulate state its working well. Inserting some functions and the idea from this project to my one it is not working as I hoped.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Aleksander_D_
Beginner

hm... I found what you are focused to me. I mean using window.open(...). I included already this tool at the first shape of my app. But when I touch/click e.g button in app, www browser installed in phone using as test platform, is opening. I thought this plugin works creating its own window in android app to show www content. And it is independent to www phone installed browser.

Some help more please.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Do not use window.open() to open your pages, use the inAppBrowser's API. See the README.md file on that plugin's github repo for the details. You will then have many options and more control over how your page opens.

0 Kudos