Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build failed

FP
Beginner

Hi there

Haven't built for a couple of days but didn't change anything. Today we're getting this error when attempting to build for Android or iOS (the only 2 we're currently using) - PS: We're still using version 2893 for a few more days due to planned release.

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

I saw a tweet from April 18th which warned of build system downtime - is there something going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

I have the same issue with all my apps, including the one that I'm working right now. The last build that I could make was on 18/4/2016 at 6:27:53 P.M.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@FP - no, the downtime has passed. I will check with the build engineers.

@Mauricio - you are using 2893 also? 

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@FP and @Mauricio - please include your detailed build logs so we can get more details.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

@FP and @Mauricio - please include your detailed build logs so we can get more details.

Pamela - there is no build log, it doesn't even start. As soon as I click on "Build App Now" the error comes up (See attached screenshot) - I have been building with no issues for months with the same set up - hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Yes also version 2893. It's the same as FP, no building log, it just shows that message.

0 Kudos
Ulises_G_
Beginner

i have this problem, the same

FP wrote:

Cita:

Pamela H. (Intel) escribió:

Pamela - there is no build log, it doesn't even start. As soon as I click on "Build App Now" the error comes up (See attached screenshot) - I have been building with no issues for months with the same set up - hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Are you using Cordova CLI 4.1.2 by any chance? If so, please upgrade to CLI 5.1.1 as support for 4.1.2 has been removed. If you are still experiencing issue, please send your project zip or your .xdk file via private message.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

Are you using Cordova CLI 4.1.2 by any chance? If so, please upgrade to CLI 5.1.1 as support for 4.1.2 has been removed. If you are still experiencing issue, please send your project zip or your .xdk file via private message.

Using 5.1.1 here - how do I send the flles by Private message?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@FP - Click on the "Send Author A Message" link at the top of a post of the person you want to send to.

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

FP wrote:

Quote:

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

Using 5.1.1 here - how do I send the flles by Private message?

I'm also using 5.1.1, could you send instructions to send you the project via private message.

I don´t know if the problem is in the coding, because I haven't made changes to my project since my latest build wich was on 18/04/2016 at 6:21 pm. Even my other projects wich I haven't been modifying are the same. Even a partner programmer here has the same problem.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Ulises - you too are using 2893? And no build log? And using CLI 5.1.1 or 5.4.1?  iOS and Android? or Windows?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Did any of you use any non-ASCII characters in your passphrase or alias for your keystore when you upgraded your legacy cert? (Android)

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

Did any of you use any non-ASCII characters in your passphrase or alias for your keystore when you upgraded your legacy cert? (Android)

We didn't have to upgrade our cert as we are still using v 2893 so no that's not the issue. Nothing changed since last build which was also on April 18th like one of the other posters.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mauricio_G_
Beginner

Pamela and SWATI S. my colleague programmer tells me that even the Intel XDK demos can´t be built on v2893.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

FP - yes, of course, sorry - I was trying to think of anything that could be a problem.

Okay, folks, there was a release yesterday - both a build release and an XDK release. I will test and get back to you all. 

0 Kudos
satya_k_
Beginner

Hi Pamela,  getting same issue, even samples are getting the same error, 

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Folks - it seems the build release yesterday that resolves several issues with XDK v3088 inadvertently affected the building of 2893.

Here is a workaround you can try if you want to continue working while we work on resolving the issue.

If you try this and ever want to revert back to 2893, YOU MUST SAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR PROJECTS - they will not be backwards compatible once you upgrade them. 

1. Save a BACKUP COPY of your project directories.
  2. Download XDK 3240 (released yesterday)
  3. [[ I recommend that you download your legacy cert before converting it, in case you need to revert to 2893 later. ]]
  4. Try your projects with this new version. You will need to convert your legacy cert (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/622926). 

Otherwise, you can wait for us to troubleshoot this issue.

Pamela

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Hi there

Thanks - we have updated to the latest version, but we cannot see where to download the legacy cert in the old format before we convert (in case we need to go back to 2893 as per Pamela's last post)

How do we download the existing certs in the old format?

Thanks

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Hi there

I know you've fixed the issue, but in the meantime we decided to update to the latest xdk version and all is well.

Thanks for the support

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Hi all, as FP says, the issue was fixed last night. So you can continue to use 2893 for awhile. But keep in mind that we do not continue to support old versions, so you should expect to upgrade soon.

@FP - when you say "all is well", does that mean you figured out the cert process? 

0 Kudos