Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Framework choosing screen not showing on new apps

Jason_M_1
Beginner

When you create an app, choose a framework for it, then delete the app (both from the XDK project list, and from the disk), then create another app with the same name, you will not be able to see again the framework choosing screen and XDK will assume the same framework you had chosen before in the app with same name.

There is some place where app settings are stored but not cleared... where could I go look at meanwhile it is fixed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This is a known issue. I'm not sure where that information is being stored (remember the name of a project and the framework associated with that name). My suspicion is this info is stored in the global-settings.xdk file.

Make a copy of your global-settings.xdk file before making any changes. Search for the word "framework" inside that file and I think you'll find what you're looking for. I haven't tried this but I suspect all you need to do is remove the "framework": entry where you find it. Make sure you still have a valid JSON file after you make your changes (watch the commas).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This is a known issue. I'm not sure where that information is being stored (remember the name of a project and the framework associated with that name). My suspicion is this info is stored in the global-settings.xdk file.

Make a copy of your global-settings.xdk file before making any changes. Search for the word "framework" inside that file and I think you'll find what you're looking for. I haven't tried this but I suspect all you need to do is remove the "framework": entry where you find it. Make sure you still have a valid JSON file after you make your changes (watch the commas).

0 Kudos
Jason_M_1
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Thanks Paul, I'll look into it.

0 Kudos