Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Getting a "404: Intel XDK can't find your app" when I refresh the emulator.

David_F_4
Beginner

This seems to pop up randomly. I build with grunt/bower and this has happened a couple times where I go to make a change, then re-run the emulator, I get this error. I have tried restarting the XDK, also tried removing the project from XDK and reloading it, but then I get a "Intel XDK failed to locate the scratch directory..." error. I have found if I completely remove the project from the directory and put it back, it seems to work again. Haven't tried a system restart yet, but I'll see if that works.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The bug with emulator not finding app - 404: Intel XDK can't find your app - has been identified and being fixed and will be available soon, meanwhile the workaround is you can remove the project completely and move it back or you can switch to another project from the project list and come back to your project. 

Swati

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
David_F_4
Beginner

Forgot to mention I'm using version 1878.

0 Kudos
Eirik_N_
Beginner

I am having the same issue. It worked fine on the previous version of Intel XDK, but the new 1878 version I get the "404 Intel could not find your app" error. It also ask me if I have an index.html in my source directory which I have. I can test the app on my phone using the Debug option.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_
Beginner

I am having the same issue. Intel XDK 1878 is dead on arrival. I can't make backend calls anymore. App preview through wifi has stopped working.

0 Kudos
David_F_4
Beginner

Still having an issue. It seems to definitely happen every time I search throughout the file system. I even tried loading the project through "Start a new project" and then "Import Your HTML5 Code Base" and it still gave me issues. Hopefully there is a fix soon. 

0 Kudos
Michael_O_
Beginner

Dear David, update your App Preview app on Google play.

As for the Ajax calls, intel has not fixed the problem.

I built an app with the same code via PhoneGap build server and it worked perfectly.

I hope a new version of intel XDK will be released very soon.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The bug with emulator not finding app - 404: Intel XDK can't find your app - has been identified and being fixed and will be available soon, meanwhile the workaround is you can remove the project completely and move it back or you can switch to another project from the project list and come back to your project. 

Swati

0 Kudos
David_F_4
Beginner

Thanks Swati.

The fix I found was to just downgrade to version 1826. 

How will we know when the fix has been released?

0 Kudos
Francisco_C_
Beginner

+1 on this.

None of the workarounds works good. I have to close Intel XKD an reopen it .... :(

Version:

• Intel® XDK - Release - 2015 May 12 v1995 
  • Intel® XDK - Release - 2015 June 29 v2170

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

This issue is been fixed in 2170, if you have not upgraded yet, please upgrade to XDK v2170.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you provide a simplified version of an app the produces this behavior?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am having the same issue, from time to time. It seems to occurs when you save a file and quickly click on Emulate. When it occurs, I return to developer, wait a few seconds and try again. Normally it solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Nguyen_Trung_K_
Beginner
I sometimes got the same issue on Intel XDK v2170 and I need to restart Intel XDK. Hope that have a perfect solution for this :).
0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Michael, @Hamilton, @Nguyen, are you on Windows or Mac? If you know the exact steps to reproduce please let us know.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm curious, if you delete the plugins directory inside your project directory and then start the Emulate tab, do you still see the problem?

0 Kudos
Mour_D_
Beginner

seems but with latest updated , it would be best if they rollback updates

0 Kudos
Olga_V_
Beginner

The same problem in 3088:

404 - can't find index.html and "The Intel XDK can't stop the app because the connection to the device is flaky. Please swipe out the app manually, and click 'Continue'. To prevent this issue from happening again, please re-connect your test device."

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Are you seeing this message in the emulator or on the device?? with a built app or with debug tab? Please provide details of your issue. Your OS, which platform are you trying on? Provide some screenshots of the error.

0 Kudos
Anna_R_
Beginner

Same here

0 Kudos
Mikhail_C_
Beginner

Same problems in 3088 build:

404 error in emulator
OS - Win10
This project was exported via Cordova from Construct2

Intel® XDK 2016-04-04 12.14.16.png Intel® XDK 2016-04-04 12.13.35.png

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The recent emulator error is due to recent change in Cordova container. Please see this sticky post for details and workaround : https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/623584

0 Kudos