Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS Build Error Message: Verify your build assets error message

Declan_M_
Beginner

I am trying to build an app for IOS (Ionic/Cordova) but I keep getting the following error message: "Verify your build assets are correct and try again". There is no further information to help debug the issue (that I know of?).

After countless builds I have come to the conclusion that I have either too many files or the total file size is too big. Basically I have about 120mb of images in the app and when I reduce the quantity, it builds no problem.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to prevent this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Android store apps are limited to 50MB in size, so 120MB of images would not make it into the store. The build system has a practical limit on the size of apps it can build, I don't know the precise number, but you have probably exceeded it.

This SO post might help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23564012/upload-photo-android-to-blobstore-gae

0 Kudos
Declan_M_
Beginner

Thanks for the heads up on the file size limit! Apparently I can use expansion APKs to load the images into the app through the play store.

Strangely enough the IOS app built on the third attempt, without reducing the file size.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I see that you have a few successful builds. Due to the size of your app, it could have been a network hiccup that caused things to go south...

0 Kudos