Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

JQM Pop Up is not showing on App Designer

John_Michael_J_
Beginner

I created another html file in my project that uses Jquery Mobile Framework.

So far I can simply drag and drop most of the controls except for "Popup". it takes some time before the Popup will be added to the html file then if I check back to the App Designer I can select the popup but I won't open so I can't edit it.

The other html file popups works fine but I having problems with this new html file that I made.

Any advice on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Hmm - I was testing this in release 3357 and the JQM popups are working fine. I notice a small delay after inserting one, but everything seems to be working.

The overlay components can be set to not be initially visible (a common practice). So to open it for editing, you have to click the matching black button that is next to the working canvas.  That button will toggle the visibility of the popup (or sidebar, or whatever the button matches)

0 Kudos
John_Michael_J_
Beginner

CHRIS P. (Intel) wrote:

Hmm - I was testing this in release 3357 and the JQM popups are working fine. I notice a small delay after inserting one, but everything seems to be working.

The overlay components can be set to not be initially visible (a common practice). So to open it for editing, you have to click the matching black button that is next to the working canvas.  That button will toggle the visibility of the popup (or sidebar, or whatever the button matches)

I'm familiar with the matching black button for the popups or any other overlays. But the strange thing is when I click on the black buttons for my Popups the Popup still wont show and for some reason I need to double click the black button in order to select it to change it's properties. I made a sidebar and it works normally.

It only happens on the new html file that I made the other html files I can just normally added and edit the Popups

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

John Michael - Keep in mind that it is a best practice in Cordova apps to have only one html file. See https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/next, point #1 - SPA is Your Friend.

0 Kudos
John_Michael_J_
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

John Michael - Keep in mind that it is a best practice in Cordova apps to have only one html file. See https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/next, point #1 - SPA is Your Friend.

But we already made several projects that has multiple HTML files and there were no problems on using popups, up until now that is.

0 Kudos
Hadi_K_
Beginner

some body help please, the JQM Popup doesn't show ...

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Hadi,

Do you mean the popup doesn't show when you click the black button in App Designer? Or it is not appearing when you view your page in the browser (or on device)?  

If the latter, have you hooked it up? Use the interactivity panel to link a button to the Popup.

Chris

0 Kudos