Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Mismatch of cpu architecture

Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Hello we received a comment on google play that reports a mismatch of cpu architecture. We of course deploy both arm and x86 apk. The user who reported this error tried by himself to install crosswalk service (64bit also) but the error still remain. He has a Huawei P8. What's happening?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

According to these specs, it should be loading the ARM image. I'm assuming you mean that you sent him an image to install directly and that the image you provided to him to install directly was the ARM image?

Or did you build the app to work in "shared Crosswalk lib" mode and have him install that "shared lib" image? I'm unclear what you mean by "install crosswalk service" because there is no "Crosswalk service" but if you build for the "shared lib" the Crosswalk library needs to be downloaded and installed on the device (from the Google Play store).

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Hello, the app is published on the Android store and I built the project without shared crosswalk option.I've attached screenshot of my xdk project build settings and the googleplay dev console Apk's Page ( 11120 supported devices 0 excluded devices). It may depend on plugins? Or it may depend on devices that support both x86 and arm technologies? Please help me.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a definite possibility that you've got a plugin in your app that includes some binary libraries that could be causing this. Can you provide a list of the plugins and their specific versions?

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner

hello, this is my android configuration xml screenshot. For plugins pushwoowh and barcode scanner I use local version: for pushwoosh I deleted cradle script reference, for barcode scanner I melt 2 versions of iOs code (it doesn't affect Android part).

I hope it could help to find the solution

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro -- I sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I unzipped the APK files you sent me and both contain the proper libraries (ARM in the ARM APK and x86 in the x86 APK). The only binary library files in those APKs are for Crosswalk, nothing more; meaning that the plugins you are using do not contain any special binary bits.

Here's what is included in the ARM image lib folder:

libxwalkcore.so:  ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /system/bin/linker, BuildID[sha1]=d4924260f8d279794d42135d70ab860a823e4903, stripped
libxwalkdummy.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /system/bin/linker, BuildID[sha1]=9cb2aa6e35c8dd8d1785f7d2438f1c2aa75293b1, stripped

Similarly for the x86 image:

libxwalkcore.so:  ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=feb12446afe7c281ccb793241c1b5189d4abb066, stripped
libxwalkdummy.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=8e7b109d1d5ac1e1981d50c87fc67b328d3d651e, stripped

We believe the startup code in the Crosswalk library is causing the messages your customer is seeing. Do the messages match this text?

<message desc="Startup Architecture Mismatched Title [CHAR-LIMIT=100]" name="IDS_STARTUP_ARCHITECTURE_MISMATCH_TITLE">
Mismatch of CPU Architecture
</message>
<message desc="Startup Architecture Mismatched Message [CHAR-LIMIT=100]" name="IDS_STARTUP_ARCHITECTURE_MISMATCH_MESSAGE">
The Crosswalk Project Service must be updated to match the CPU architecture of the device. Please install it from the app store, then restart APP_NAME.
</message>

It would be interesting to see a screenshot of the actual error message that is being generated when he tries to install your app to see if they are the same as those above. Is he able to install the 64-bit Crosswalk library from the store? That can be found here > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xwalk.core64 <

If he can successfully install the 64-bit version of the Crosswalk library, it may work with just that. Otherwise, if that does not work, then do a "shared mode" Crosswalk build of your app and send him the shared build APK to see if it will run with a successfully installed 64-bit version of the Crosswalk library.

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Hello again, in my original post I wrote that he tried to install crosswalk service...I think it's the runtime you're talking about. Anyway I wrote to him hoping to get some screenshot about the error. I'm now waiting for it
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro -- please also generate a "shared-mode" APK for him to see if he can install and run that.

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Hello, it seems that the problem has been fixed by only uninstalling and installing the app...
0 Kudos