Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Please help!!! [ERROR] Error initialising Intel XDK Camera: Class not found

Awgust_R_
Beginner

Thank you in advance to whomever can help with this. 

Out of the blue i just begin to get an alert error on my live layout editing for a program i was working on. I even started a couple  blank project afresh and

still i receive the same alert error upon View on Device over WiFi no matter what device I'm testing on from tablet to phone. I haven't even loaded any

plugins.

[ERROR] Error initialising Intel XDK Camera: Class not found

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend that you test your application via the Debug or Build tab. These are the two options for testing functionality associated to a Cordova plugin. If you are using an intelxdk plugin instead of a Cordova plugin, I recommend using the Cordova plugin.

0 Kudos
Awgust_R_
Beginner

Elroy Ashtian Jr (Intel) wrote:

I recommend that you test your application via the Debug or Build tab. These are the two options for testing functionality associated to a Cordova plugin. If you are using an intelxdk plugin instead of a Cordova plugin, I recommend using the Cordova plugin.

Thanks for the reply Elroy but that is the thing, this happens and I have not even loaded any plugins inside of the project yet. It only triggers on live layout editing. It does not show on my debug or build tab, it just takes away my ability to edit and watch the changes live as the connection to server always fails. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? How do you troubleshoot a problem that even the console is not registering? Note: I have also uninstalled and reinstalled XDK. 

Again thanks for the troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Awgust -- I suspect this is due to the recent update to App Preview. It no longer supports the deprecated intel.xdk plugins, which I suspect is causing this message (I'm not certain, but I believe that is the cause). Are you including any intel.xdk plugins in your app?

A new version of the XDK will be released shortly, please try this again with that version and report back if you still see this message.

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Awgust -- I suspect this is due to the recent update to App Preview. It no longer supports the deprecated intel.xdk plugins, which I suspect is causing this message (I'm not certain, but I believe that is the cause). Are you including any intel.xdk plugins in your app?

A new version of the XDK will be released shortly, please try this again with that version and report back if you still see this message.

Hi Awgust/Paul just thought I would try the depreciated camera and I get the exact same response.

My suggestion would be to use the Barcode Scanner plug-in available from the plug-in explorer - i have used this for many projects and is very easy to use.

Project>Plugin Management>Add Plugins to this project>Featured Plugins>Barcode Scanner [choose the version of CLI that matches your project]

also remember to remove the xdk plugin :)

0 Kudos