Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

R200 Scene Perception, Help please !

zongcheng_l_
Beginner

Hey Guys,

I'm recently testing the R200 abilities on Scene Perception. Well, problems occured.

I tested the example " RF_ScenePerception [C++] " and RF_ScenePerception [Unity], none of them worked.

They basically got the same errors on  "EnableScenePerception()". I've no idea why.

Here attached the info of my system and the SDK installed. Anybody can help me ?

skdinfo.TXT

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Well you could upgrade to v5 instead of v4. It's the currently posted version at https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download.

What were the errors you got on enable scene perception?

0 Kudos
zongcheng_l_
Beginner

It is v5, see the image:

screenshot.png

For the sample RF_ScenePerception [C++] , I got the error from this file : c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\sample\common\include\sp_controller.h

ilne 150:

pxcStatus sts = m_pSenseMgr->EnableScenePerception();
if(sts < PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR)
{
	std::cout << "Failed to enable scene perception module" << std::endl;		
	return;
}

For the sample  RF_ScenePerception [Unity], in the file "SenseInput.cs", in the function Start(), I added a "Debug.Log" to see the error. Here is the code:

// Enable available modalities
if (m_enableScenePerception) {
	Debug.Log(m_senseManager.EnableScenePerception()); // the error "PXCM_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE"
	m_senseManager.PauseScenePerception(true);
}

Here is the unity project I used to test : test.zip (I am using a x64 version .dll)

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Have any of the other R200 samples worked? Are you saying you tried both the C++ sample and in Unity?

0 Kudos
zongcheng_l_
Beginner

Yes, Other examples worked such as the one to draw color image, depth image, and the one to mesure the distance.

But the ones about Scene Perception did not work either on C++ nor Unity.

0 Kudos
yujin_s_
Beginner

Is there a pointer named ScenePerceptionController that in you example? Like the following:

unique_ptr<ScenePerceptionController> pScenePerceptionController;

I guess something wrong with this data type. All the examples using this data type went wrong. I do not know why, but I followed the SDK using PXCSenseManager and I succeeded. Anyone knows why? Thanks~

Hope my experience will help you. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Lesly_Z_
Beginner

how to acquire a good quality in depth image? (librealsense Ubuntu)

0 Kudos