Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] Cannot login to Intel XDK v3900

James_H_4
Beginner

The login problem should now be resolved (as of March 30 at 11:30 PDT). The workaround referenced in this thread should no longer be required. If you previously applied the workaround you do not need to "undo" or change anything, the workaround is compatible with the fix. You may be prompted to re-login if you were previously logged into the Intel XDK. The issue was due to the deployment of an incompatible authorization certificate.

------------------------    workaround no longer required    ------------------------

Please see this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/720758#comment-1900352 < for a workaround.

------------------------    original post    ------------------------

I received the following error.

The webpage at https://signin.intel.com/?appid=515&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-900bfa3b-39d4-4f49-95b0-099aaaf63c20&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=$SM$QnJMmP%2bN6gMN%2fVVnfgk5wOmI3XqRSADYbdE9VPLR1oGltLZwYJ6CRfT8RxFdy4HV&TARGET=$SM$HTTPS%3a%2f%2fsfederation%2eintel%2ecom%2ffederation%2fXDK_App_Center%2easp%3ftCulture%3den-US might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

0 Kudos
89 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Robert T. wrote:

This bug affected me too. The workaround works fine for me.

During my app testing I had to change the system time, and this is exactly what caused the problem.

Maybe that will help you with the bug fix?

Interesting observation! How far off was your system clock?

0 Kudos
Artur_G_
Beginner

Paul, to be honest, I am getting upset about this situation. It's about several days I have this problem and cannot use this software to start my educational course for HTML5.

The copy&pase option does not work in my command prompt window (terminal). I cannot type all the instructions which you wrote because of the inconvenience. Do you have any other, optimal solution to this problem? I am fed up and want to have a precise and well-though, a single solution to this problem!!! Otherwise,  have to cancel ... too much time and nerves are spent on errors of your software.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Artur -- what is the course you are trying to use? If you are using the edx course it does not require the XDK. Using the standalone Brackets editor is sufficient to go through that course.

There is no other workaround, only the one we provided in this thread. Make sure your system date and time is correct. You should not have to type anything, copy and paste the command-line options, they will work exactly as typed into the post. The workaround instructions are precise, if you are having trouble following the instructions it would help if you recorded your process of walking through the steps to help me understand where the confusion is so I can improve the instructions.

0 Kudos
Bunthit_W_
Beginner

Nothing work.

First time trying to use XDK, my OS is Windows 7.

0 Kudos
frendy_k_
Beginner
thanks very help
0 Kudos
GMenv1
Innovator

Hello,

I have the problem as well when my computer is not connected to the internet.  I have a workaround that is quite ugly at the moment but waiting for the official fix
​Question though, why do we need to be logged in constantly?  Reason I am asking is that I travel quite a bit and often do not have a connection and it creates havoc on the xdk stability.  Since all the work is done local, is there a reason why we're going the login/server ping?

Thank you, Gregory

0 Kudos
Carlos_Z_
Beginner

Thanks. It worked!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gregory M. wrote:

Question though, why do we need to be logged in constantly?  Reason I am asking is that I travel quite a bit and often do not have a connection and it creates havoc on the xdk stability.  Since all the work is done local, is there a reason why we're going the login/server ping?

In general, the only thing you need the login for is use of the Build tab (other than the new PhoneGap/Cordova export feature) and the Test tab (to push/pull your app into App Preview). The other features of the XDK do not require login to work.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Bunthit W. wrote:

Nothing work.

First time trying to use XDK, my OS is Windows 7.

Please follow the workaround instructions carefully.

0 Kudos
Jackie_A_
Beginner

Hi, Thanks. It worked.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Bengt R. wrote:

My login time is out !  Do you realy meen I have to wait a week or more before my XDK works again.

I have download xdk but have not been able to log in.

When do you think the login problem is fixed

Please use the workaround. In the workaround it clearly states that if your login times out you will have to go through the workaround process again. We are working on a solution to this problem, when that happens you will no longer need to use the workaround, until then, unfortunately, the workaround is required.

0 Kudos
cesar_b_1
Beginner

I think it's very wrong what happened. I installed Android Studio to start using it

0 Kudos
Viachek
Beginner

It works! Thank you :)

0 Kudos
akhil_t_
Beginner

it worked for me. Just follow those step by step.

0 Kudos
Franck_Serge_P_
Beginner

It's working. Big thanks!

0 Kudos
Billel_G_
Beginner

work for me thanks

0 Kudos
Nipun_A_
Beginner

Unable to login in through intel xdk app. 

Version 3900

windows 7intelXDKissue.png

When will there be an actual fix?

0 Kudos
madhi
Beginner

my didnt worked !!

even i copied the cookies from the default folder of chrome

please help!! i am not able to work on it

0 Kudos
madhi
Beginner

nothing worked to me too please help v3900

windows 10 pro

0 Kudos
Szilvia_E_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as Arthur, I'm on the HTML5 for W3C edX course where XDK is the tool of demonstration. I can't log in and I'm on Linux (which seems to be a neglected OS regardless it is the preferred OS by the developers around me).

Update: As it was recommended, I logged in with Chrome and copied the ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Cookies into  ~/.config/XDK/Default and  ~/.config/XDK-Wrapper/Default  , but I still see the error. The 

INSERT INTO "cookies" VALUES(13135034081914716,'appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com','xdkEdition'...

is in the Cookies file, so unless the cookies are encrypted with a key that changes for each instance, it should work.

Thank you for your help,
Szilvia

0 Kudos
saisunee_a_
Beginner

It's worked for me. Thank you sir !

0 Kudos