Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

[RESOLVED] iOS successful build but "missing 64-bit support" error when uploading

Developer_A_1
Beginner

With a successful build trying to upload the app via the "Application Loader" tool from a Mac we obtain a "missing 64-bit support" error: any advise about it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
75 Replies
Marcondes__Marcos

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Engineering has been informed of this issue. Thanks for providing the additional feedback.

Please let know any update !

thanks in advance !
Marcos

0 Kudos
And_P_
Beginner

any news?...i got still error

thanks

0 Kudos
gabriel_o_
Beginner
Same here too, still got error
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Still trying to understand the issue. Engineering has looked at the builds that are being generated and they contain both the armv7 and the arm64 binaries and both are included in the universal binary package.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I just performed a build of an iOS app and submitted it to the Apple iTunes store and did not get the error message that everyone on this thread is reporting. I built with CLI 5.4.1 and when I inspect the contents of the IPA it contains a binary image that includes both armv7 and arm64 binaries. I used 3400 to submit my app to our build servers and I built with the same build servers that you use. I did this test from home, so I was not on the Intel network at the time I performed the build.

If you perform the build a second time, do you still get the submission error? We have had occasions, in the past, where one machine has issues and the other machines are good, resulting in intermittent errors. There are multiple build machines, which one you get when you request a build is determined by which one is free when your request comes to the top of the build queue.

Please try building a second time and re-submitting and report your results.

BTW -- I used the Apple "Application Loader" tool to submit my test app to the store, I did not use Xcode for my submission.

If someone is willing to share the built IPA that is failing submission, that might provide some useful hints as to what is going on.

0 Kudos
Daniele_A_
Beginner

i have the same issue i dont know how but xdk exit build not 64 bit arch ... i try to remove e reinstall xdk?

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I just performed a build of an iOS app and submitted it to the Apple iTunes store and did not get the error message that everyone on this thread is reporting. I built with CLI 5.4.1 and when I inspect the contents of the IPA it contains a binary image that includes both armv7 and arm64 binaries. I used 3400 to submit my app to our build servers and I built with the same build servers that you use. I did this test from home, so I was not on the Intel network at the time I performed the build.

If you perform the build a second time, do you still get the submission error? We have had occasions, in the past, where one machine has issues and the other machines are good, resulting in intermittent errors. There are multiple build machines, which one you get when you request a build is determined by which one is free when your request comes to the top of the build queue.

BTW -- I used the Apple "Application Loader" tool to submit my test app to the store, I did not use Xcode for my submission.

If someone is willing to share the built IPA that is failing submission, that might provide some useful hints as to what is going on.

We're trying again and we will post the result here: being a common (anyway not for a very single user) problem your idea of a single point of failure in the pool of machines seems good to us.

We'll post the result here in minutes.

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Developer A. wrote:

Quote:

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

We're trying again and we will post the result here: being a common (anyway not for a very single user) problem your idea of a single point of failure in the pool of machines seems good to us.

We'll post the result here in minutes.

Nope... rethinking... it'd be strange we catch always the same failing machine... it should be something else, then.
We attach content of ".ipa" (with some names scrambled for our convenience...): in the settings it is set as a "production" build.

0 Kudos
gabriel_o_
Beginner

Same error here and i use application loader to submit it

I attached the result to it 

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

gabriel o. wrote:

Same error here and i use application loader to submit it

I attached the result to it 

That's exactly the error... we're using "application loader" too, but we think it's a problem of the package itself (".ipa" file) anyway...

0 Kudos
Daniele_A_
Beginner

ok i do that i remove intel xdk with professional software for disistall..restart ,machine

remove all unnecessary plugin > OK

i return an older point in windows with restore point > OK

download fresh install of xdk > OK

build and send to store with application loader > !!! Failure same issue.. no 64 bit architecture.. !!!!

And it's strange but my package it's only 5 mb... i remeber it's too large after build... ok...

i waiting for information thanks for your work team!

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

We've made many tests but with no positive result at all.

Uninstalling+reinstalling XDK doesn't seem a solution as stated before, because build is performed online.
We need a solution... anyone has news about it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
And_P_
Beginner

cli 5.4.1

intel  3400

application  loader

rebuild again

I got same error

if you need my ipa i can send...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Is everyone on this thread build a Construct2 app?

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Is everyone on this thread build a Construct2 app?

Not me.
We're building a "plain" js app (ionic 1 in this case)

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Hello,

I tried again this morning and still failing

Sending my IPA as suggested

What is a contruc2 app ?

I did a list view app

0 Kudos
gabriel_o_
Beginner

I build with Cordova app not Construct2 app

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Is your iOS target set to 8.0 or higher in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab? If that is set to a value less than 8.0 it can cause this problem.

0 Kudos
gabriel_o_
Beginner
iOS target is 8.0
0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Sorry for insisting, but now we're absolutely stuck. Is there anything we can do on our own or it's really a server/cloud side question?

Thank you again: we apprecieate your efforts very much.

0 Kudos
Daniele_A_
Beginner
I try to build for target 8 .. or 9 same issue... please check intel build system inside our server!! Regards
0 Kudos