Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Sound doesnt work on iOS

Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

I tested my game on iPhone 5 OS 8. I used Cordova OS export, everything worked great but no sound. I added Audio plugin to, but it helpless. Can anyone help me please.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It sounds like you are describing a Construct 2 app that you've exported for building with the Intel XDK. Is this correct? Are you referring to a Construct 2 Audio plugin or a Cordova plugin?

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

yea. Its Contruct 2 and Cordova plugin. Thank Paul

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You might want to talk to the Construct 2 folks, we don't know what they export or how to they interface to the XDK when they perform an export, so it's tough for us to help you much.

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

I exported it with another way HTML 5 and fixed some problems and now It worked well for me. Thank you Paul. I saw your name on every forums :D

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You're welcome.

0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

Hi Leo

Ive made a game in Construct 2 (r200)  Export as cordova and build intel XDK

BUT on my ipad I have no audio it runs ios 8.1

How did you solve yours

Regads

Flemming

0 Kudos
Hassan_k_1
Beginner

Make sure your audio files are in m4a format or you wont get any audio on iOS.

0 Kudos
Nhat_N_
Beginner
Make sure you have .m4a in exported folder. It uses .ogg for Android and .m4a for iOS. Secondly, make sure you choose export as Cordova for IOS in xda. After those things, if it still doesnt work, it might need some audio plugin in the project tab in xda. Plus, Im used to export to html5 in Construct. Good luck my friend.
0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

Thanks for reply

I checked that the files are m4a and export from C2 for cordova

like this

C2-export.png

cheers

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

Make sure exported folder has .m4a files, go to that folder and check it, because it might have no sound files after exporting for some reasons. Does your game have sound now ?

You can check the Audio plugin ( Sometimes It need to be checked )

0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

Thanks for explaining - its just the way I do

Hmmmm ... lost in this ...so weird

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

You should try export your project as HTML5 in Contruct 2. Follow my above images and it should work. I had the same issue before. Good luck this time.

0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

thanks .. just tried that - NO LUCK

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

I tested my game with Cordova iOS today. It has no sound for real. I tried it with many older stable version of C2, but same things. I feel the error is in XDK exported. I'm using to export as HTML5 in C2 for iOS game, and add Audio plugin in intel XDK, now it doesn't work. May you help us , Paul Fischer (Intel)?

0 Kudos
Leo_N_Ng_
New Contributor I

Hi Flemming, I just switched the audio lock on my iphone , and the audio has just worked .... No idea :D you can try it

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try using the Media plugin, not that Audio plugin. I have no idea what APIs Construct2 is using, you really should be asking them how the project should be configured to make their audio code work. Also, I'm assuming that the Construct2 export creates a complete XDK project, in which case you need to use the "Open an Intel XDK Project" option instead of the "Import your HTML5 Code Base" option. Using the "Open an Intel XDK Project" will then result in reading the <project-name>.xdk file (assuming Construct2 exports a complete project) and should, hopefully, include any specific Cordova plugins that Construct2 requires.

We do not have insight into Construct2 apps, so for some of these questions you may be better served on the Construct2 forum. Construct2 uses the XDK as a build mechanism for Android Crosswalk applications, the XDK has no knowledge that your app was created using Construct2 app.

0 Kudos