Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK Building

Wilian_V_
Beginner

I am using XDK to transform a game file from RPGMaker to APK file but at the time of upload & building it is loading for hours and hours and does not leave the place already got to stay more than 12 hours and not finished and the program Does not have a progress bar, can it be stuck or does it take anyway?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nicolas_O_Intel
Employee

Hello Wilian V.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I will need more information about you:

1. Which version of the Intel XDK are you using? 
  2. Maybe there was a networking problem, did you try cancelling the build and uploading it again?

If the problem persists, we can get in touch with the Engineers that develop the Intel XDK Build System an look for further actions.

0 Kudos
Wilian_V_
Beginner

I did not find the version I'm using but I recently downloaded from the site https://software.intel.com/intel-xdk I believe this is the current version.And I tried to do 3 times the building and from what I understood the upload comes to be completed but the building takes a long time and does not finish, I'll try to leave the computer turned on for more than a day to see if it ends.My file weighs roughly 400mb I do not know if it is something very big but I believe it would not take hours and hours for this.I followed tutorials and videos on the internet to see if I'm not doing something wrong but everyone teaches the same way.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Willian -- 400 MB is very large; that's the size where our build system starts to fail. My experience with others that are using RPG is that their apps are too big to be built by our build system. Unless you can decrease the size of the project, you may have to use Cordova CLI directly. Also, note that an Android app that is larger than 100MB cannot be submitted to the Google store.

0 Kudos