Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK remember settings

Bob_P_
Beginner

Using v3400 and settings don't seem to be saved.
Close and open project and have to re-instate icons, company name, app description, orientation.

Also is it possible to set XDK to open at Projects instead of last used function ? Sometimes in opens at emulator and takes forever to open.

Thanks for all your hard work on this

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK remembers which tab was opened and re-opens that tab when you restart. I recommend that you go to the Develop or Projects tab before closing the XDK, to avoid having it automatically open the Emulate tab.

Not sure what would be causing your icons, etc. to not be remembered. This is not something that others have reported as a problem and it is also not something we experience here (I use the XDK daily and have never encountered the issue you are describing with things being forgotten). Are you storing your projects in a dropbox drive or something similar?

0 Kudos
Bob_P_
Beginner

Storing files locally.

I have been getting the "Inconsistent plugins: plugins directory and project file mismatch" when opening. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
  • make a list of the plugins that are part of your project
  • exit the XDK
  • delete any plugins directories inside your project (there should be only one, but some old projects might have two)
  • restart the XDK, it should attempt to add the missing plugins, or give you the inconsistent message (choose "project file" for source)
  • add back, by hand, any plugins that are missing from the list you made at the beginning
0 Kudos
Bob_P_
Beginner

I have removed all the old projects and now the settings are being stored.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos