Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

1. Which antenna spec should I use for the WiFi module 3168NGW? 2. What's the different between Main and Aux connections? should I use both?

TBen-
Beginner

I've tried to use all type of external antenna's (2.4GHz & 5GHz) for transmitting Miracast, but the signal was very bad.

Please Advise.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Allow me to investigate about the issue in meantime provide me with the following information: • Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 the adapter that came pre-installed on the system? • What is the full hardware configuration that you have for this environment? (Motherboard or laptop model, PCI card if present, external antennas model) • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TBen-
Beginner

Hi,

As a matter a fact I do need help, we are going to base our product on this feature (we are selling thousands of units per year). Please let me describe the issue I am facing: I when using the Miracast feature by projecting from any PC to the product I built (with the 3168 Wi-Fi module), I am not getting a clean picture.

I am using the following setup:

intel module 3168NGW installed on the Asus motherboard H310Twith two external antennas (5dBi 24GHz/5Ghz).

I think it's better if can show you by skype or any other tool.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- Thank you for the information. 1. Which antenna spec should I use for the WiFi module 3168NGW? a. The antenna spec information is available through the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). 2. What's the different between Main and Aux connections? Should I use both? a. The two antenna ports connections are: Main 1 for WiFi and Aux 2 for Bluetooth, In this case if the use will me mainly for WiFi you should be able to use the adapter with the main port. • Does the motherboard Asus motherboard H310T come with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 pre-installed? • In relation to Miracast* please refer to the information about Using Miracast* with Windows 8.1* and Windows® 10 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023230/emerging-technologies.html). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- I was checking your case and would like to know if the information provided was helpful for your questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TBen-
Beginner

Hi Leonard,

Appreciate your help, but to be honest I still have the problem and I don't feel that I received the right answers. I seriously think to replace the intel module. No one is giving answers that can solved the problems.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello TBen- In this case, we recommend contacting the OEM for details in case integrations of the wireless adapter on their system for more information about integrations refer to the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos