Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

7260ac windows 10 bluetooth not working. It shows an unknown bluetooth device in control panel. Also i noticed the personal area network has a # 2 on the end. I suspect that is the issue but after trying different 8.1 and at one point win10 driver...

kfaul2
New Contributor I

7260ac windows 10 RTM, bluetooth not working, wifi is fine. It shows an unknown bluetooth device in control panel. I Also noticed the personal area network under network adapters has a # 2 on the end almost like it was phantom'd or something. I checked my original registry in windows.old and it was called just "personal area network". I suspect that is the issue, but after trying different 8.1 drivers, uninstalling reinstalling and at one point win10 drivers (now not available on intel site anymore) i am at a loss. Error in device manager details says this "Device BTH\MS_BTHBRB\7&367f4efd&1&1 requires further installation."

63 Replies
kfaul2
New Contributor I

Ok good news. Mine is missing as you can see the one enumerator. I know I am missing a registry key and or have an extra, I suspect my hklm\system\currentcontrolset\enumb\bth\ms_bthbrb is the issue. I don't have a working registry key to compare against but my error leads me to believe that is the issue.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Smokinrich,

Do it from device manager and select uninstall. That is what I meant.

0 Kudos
RDoll
Novice

ok i have done that. now i have the following:-

0 Kudos
RAn2
Novice

tmv74@FIN in my device list I don't have that "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" under "Other devices". Others are the same except for paired bt devices are also shown in the Device Manager.

aleki_intel I tried delete it from Device manager and it didn't help

0 Kudos
kfaul2
New Contributor I

Do you have a list of items to look for. I removed all intel INF files and sys/dll drivers matching the latest drivers. It still found the device and presented it in the same manner as my screen shot. Do you by chance have version types for the inf files for example bth.inf. Maybe I don't even have the version I need.

I get this for my unknown device.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for Device Instance ID BTH\MS_BTHBRB\7&367F4EFD&2E&1 with the following status: 0x0.

0 Kudos
ARodg
Novice

BiOgErM Yes ive unpaired and paired again. Ive also uninstalled the drivers and put back through programs and features, device manager, and CCleaner and pairing does the same thing. I've also wiped windows and started from a clean install. Not for just this also having problems getting my rear speakers working on a realtek /w 5.1 speakers.

faulkkev OK so here are all the drivers listed for Bluetooth devices on my device manager. Again, not working properly but no yellow marks or unknown devices.

BLUETOOTH

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) ibtusb.inf

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator bthleenum.inf

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator bth.inf

NETWORK ADAPTERS

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) bthpan.inf

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) tdibth.inf

An example from Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) for your comparison:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver ibtusb.inf_amd64_adfc78bfb692d92e\ibtusb.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC\6&38A36D0C&0&1 with the following status: 0x0.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

0 Kudos
kfaul2
New Contributor I

based off what you have i am missing under bluetooth the microsoft bluetooth enumerator. It will not pick it up no matter what or if it does it will call it intel(r) wireless bluetooth(r) and since i have one of those it splats it since it is a duplicate at that point.

0 Kudos
ARodg
Novice

Mine hasn't worked since update either. Problem is my device manager says its working fine, just nothing works after pairing. My phone for instance I used to play music with over bluetooth in windows 7, says its paired and connected on windows 10, but my phone pairs then says its not connected immediately. It was the same when i upgraded, and after a clean install of windows 10.

0 Kudos
RAn2
Novice

Have you tried to unpair them both and pair them again? One thing that i noticed is the audio playback function is now gone on Windows 10 so even if you pair them, you might not be able to play music over bluetooth to your desktop again. Or is it just me?

0 Kudos
RDoll
Novice

After much deliberation I rolled back the installation a couple of weeks ago to get my system working correctly again. I did have to do a bit of work getting the bluetooth working again. I don't know if this was a result of my attempt to resolve the problems with 10 or not.

Yesterday I reattempted the upgrade to Windows 10 and this time, barring a couple of problems with other drivers (which I didn't have the first time) and was resolved with an uninstallation and reinstallation or upgrade of those drivers, the upgrade was successful and the bluetooth seems to work.

I have both the enumerators, the main one, which I was missing before, and the LE one.

I know Microsoft have issued and number of cumulative patches to the system. Whether it was these patches being installed at upgrade time or whether the upgrade just worked as it should have this time.

Maybe others who are having problems may want to attempt this and also report back to this thread.

PWels
Beginner

I've been smashing my head off of this exact same issue for the best part of the last 3 days (Same Adapter - MSI GS70PC Stealth), however I literally just brought it back from the dead, so I'll share my experience in case it offers some insight as to how it got working.

My experience of it was that Bluetooth was working just fine, until I restarted to apply a Windows Update. Not sure which it was as I had one already installed pending a restart, and then 2 further updates to add on top of that. On restart, I found that it was all just buggered. Same issues as reported by the others, initially the Bluetooth Icon in Device Manager had switched to the yellow triangle, and was reporting that it was experiencing a fault. I removed the device from the Device Manager, expecting that a reinstall of the driver would fix it.

It did not, I then had the problem of not seeing any Bluetooth stuff in Device Manager, but had a dodgy USB peripheral show up in it's place. I tried a dozen uninstall/reinstalls of the driver and still got nothing. I searched a few articles and found generic Microsoft support articles recommending that you go into Services.msc and ensure that the Bluetooth Service was set to Automatic, and not manual (and that the user was set to Local).

I even went to far as to go back into Device Manager and show hidden, removing the Microsoft BT Enumerator (probably wasn't a smart idea)

Again, all of this was worthless.

Tonight after finding this thread and seeing folks mention that the issue might be in the registry, I downloaded Ccleaner (Piriform) and ran it's 'Fix Registry Issues' feature. I re-removed the bluetooth install from Uninstall Programs, re-installed WP-BT_17.1.1529.1613_t64.exe, restarted and Bingo.

I now have the Bluetooth showing in Device Manager, the Enumerators have returned, and I can use my sodding PS4 pad again!

Huzzah!

If I can be of any help, I'll keep checking the thread and respond as appropriate. I'm far from a tech head, but I do understand a lot of the concepts discussed here (Just wouldn't have had a hope trying to do anything manual)

kfaul2
New Contributor I

After all the recent updates I uninstalled my 3rd party Bluetooth stack. Cleaned the registry uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled the latest Bluetooth driver. I now have the 3 entries in device manager for intel, enumerator and enumerator le enumerator. Now my device manager is clean but it will not detect any Bluetooth devices. This is about to make me lose my mind.

ARehm1
Beginner

There may be different reasons about this problem of bluetooth not working in windows 10.

It might be driver problem, or your hardware is not working fine. Please check for both errors, try getting a fresh setup of bluetooth driver for windows 10. i hope it will fix your issue.

If you are looking for more information about this issue, you check this article about this problem and its fixes. I hope it will help you lot. http://masijee.com/windows-10-bluetooth-not-working-fixed/ Windows 10 Bluetooth Not Working.

AKrup2
Beginner

I have notice today this kind of issue.

I purchased Intel 7260 AC for Desktops and removed WiFi card only and put into notebook (Alienware 14 - aka M14x R3).

I had installed newest drivers and software for Windows 10 and also BT Drivers as well.

Everythig is working perfect, but I noticed that in a moment BT mouse (Logitech M555b) stopped and nothing happened.

I saw, that also BT icon from tray disappear. In Device Manager I found that BT is with "yellow exclamation mark" and

set by Windows as - this device has problems and Windows turned it off. After reboot everything was OK, but I am still

scary about this problem.

Maybe it is a definitely BT driver issue, that Intel should repair? My Windows 10 is Windows 10 Pro with newest build (10586).

0 Kudos
JHans15
Beginner

I'm running the latest of Windows 10 Pro (Desktop) w/ the 7260 AC for desktops and just did the 18.21.0.2 update (11/9/15), I've had no change in the device manager. It still displays "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I don't see in the Windows taskbar on the Notification section anything with Bluetooth, nor in settings where you should see Bluetooth & be able to scan for Bluetooth devices. As of right now, the only thing that seems to be working is the wifi with the wireless adapter. I've moved the internal cable that attaches the card to the board to another open USB header on the board open that would work, but that also had no effect.

Come on intel, lets get a good working solution here.

0 Kudos
JHans15
Beginner

Still no response. are we going to get a solution?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

When using the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop-brief.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop, keep in mind that it is an Add-in-card, we do not support nor recommend removing components to install them separately in Laptops.

If you need to replace the wireless adapter in your Laptop PC, we advise you to check the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites to determine which Intel® Wireless Adapters are supported in your computer.

If the adapter is detected, please make sure you are using the current drivers for it. Bluetooth* and WiFi require different drivers.

* If your wireless adapter came built in your PC, we advise to use the driver versions from the Computer Manufacturer.

The current versions for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop are:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10, version 18.21.0

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for MS Windows® 10, version 17.1.1531.1764

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software

0 Kudos
JHans15
Beginner

Please see prior message above yours... it states:

..."(Desktop) w/ the 7260 AC for desktops" ...

Not a laptop, but the product for Desktop. Its a card, with the same device in it and it is not working as intended.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

Please consider the following items as they may help in this type of issues with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25135/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-MS-Windows-10-64-bit-WP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for MS Windows® 10 64-bit (WP) and install version 17.1.1531.1764.

- Please make sure that the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop adapter and cables are properly connected as seen in thehttp://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/wireless/wlan/dbw-ac7260/sb/integrationguide.pdf Intel® Wireless for Desktop Integration Guide.

- If Blutooth* still does not work correctly after this, please review the following advisory, as some adapters may have the USB data (D /D-) wires swapped: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006810.html?wapkw=intel+dual+band+wireless-ac+7260+for+desktop Bluetooth® Not Functional on Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 for...

0 Kudos
JHans15
Beginner

Yes, on (11/9/15), I did both updates 18.21.0.2 update & the 17.1.1531.1764. I've also tried swapping the wire inside on the card.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Astarii,

At this point we advise you to check with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer and confirm that you are using updated BIOS for your motherboard, also check with them for any USB drivers they may have.

0 Kudos