Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

7260ac windows 10 bluetooth not working. It shows an unknown bluetooth device in control panel. Also i noticed the personal area network has a # 2 on the end. I suspect that is the issue but after trying different 8.1 and at one point win10 driver...

kfaul2
New Contributor I

7260ac windows 10 RTM, bluetooth not working, wifi is fine. It shows an unknown bluetooth device in control panel. I Also noticed the personal area network under network adapters has a # 2 on the end almost like it was phantom'd or something. I checked my original registry in windows.old and it was called just "personal area network". I suspect that is the issue, but after trying different 8.1 drivers, uninstalling reinstalling and at one point win10 drivers (now not available on intel site anymore) i am at a loss. Error in device manager details says this "Device BTH\MS_BTHBRB\7&367f4efd&1&1 requires further installation."

63 Replies
DWilk3
Beginner

I had this exact same issue on several machines. All the machines with the problem all had the Intel 6 series /C200 series chipset. First go into devices and printers right click the computer and select device installation settings, set it so that Windows does not update\install drivers on its own. Then get the chipset driver from the manufacturers web site, extract it and change the compatibility of the setup executable to Windows 7 then run as admin, this will also fix the issue some have with the Bluetooth device not even showing up in device manager. Now download and extract this driver from Dell no matter the manufacturer of the machine and install like normal

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=H0WTY Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Bluetooth Driver Driver Details | Dell US. Problem should be solved now.

0 Kudos