Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
6188 Discussions

AX1675x not seeing 6Ghz band network for wifi. Other bands work fine.

Mudslideyo
Beginner

Hello,

I have seen other post but not for this specific model.  I have a newer Dell PC running Windows 11 Pro with a Killer Wifi 6E AX1675X wifi but it is unable to detect the 6Ghz band with the latest driver's version 22.130.0.5.  Other bands work successfully.  

Is this a known issue as well for the AX1675X?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Mudslideyo,

I appreciate your response. I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Upon checking the Dell XPS 8950 manual (https://dl.dell.com/content/manual28912288-xps-8950-setup-and-specifications.pdf?language=en-us&ps=t...) page 16 Please check the attached image:

This killer product even though it supports Wi-Fi 6 band as shown on the ARK website (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/211486/intel-killer-wifi-6e-ax1675-is.html), the OEM can limit this due to country regulations or any other specific reason they may have, so considering this comes directly from the manual and this has never worked before it seems OEM limitation based on this information. Since any of the recommendations above did not work, please, contact your OEM for further support, as it indicates that the issue is due to a hardware limitation.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

ErickE
New Contributor I

I have this exact same issue with two Dell laptops that both shipped with 6Ghz capable adapters.   I also started a thread here, and Intel has been extremely helpful, however their suspicion that it has been disabled by the manufacturer has been confirmed by Dell. 

See my threads on Dell's support forum and Reddit for additional information. 

Does the XPS 9520 support Wi-Fi6E (6GHz)? - Dell Community

Is it deceptive that the XPS 9520 has an AX211 adapter, but Dell has disabled its 6GHz support? : De...

PM1PM2PM3