Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

AX210/AX211 not showing 6GHz networks with latest drivers

ErickE
New Contributor I

I recently bought a new Asus 6E (6GHz) router, and I have four newer laptops with Intel AX210 and AX211 wireless cards installed, all running Windows 11 or Windows 10 Professional.  

None of my computers can see the 6GHz network.   I know the network is broadcasting because my S21 Ultra can see and connect to the 6GHz band.  I've tried the latest manufacturer driver 22.130.0.5 and latest Intel driver 22.140.0.3, and neither of them can see the 6GHz network.

In my search for help, I found this previous post Solved: ax210 window 10 21h2 not showing 6GHz networks - Intel Communities and tried the recommended older 22.45.1.1 driver and it worked.  

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue since my phone can connect to the 6GHz network, and my computers can connect to the network using the older driver.  It just doesn't see the 6Ghz network using any other version of the driver.

Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue according to other forums.  

1 Solution
ErickE
New Contributor I

Well, it has been confirmed by Dell that they have intentionally disabled 6GHz support for the AX211 adapter in the XPS 9520.  

See my threads on Dell's support forum and Reddit for additional information. 

Does the XPS 9520 support Wi-Fi6E (6GHz)? - Dell Community

Is it deceptive that the XPS 9520 has an AX211 adapter, but Dell has disabled its 6GHz support? : DellXPS (reddit.com)

PM1PM2PM3

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
ErickE
New Contributor I

Thanks.  Can I ask what model computer you are using, and if you can report what version Windows you are running by executing the winver.exe command? 

To everyone else watching this thread, I am still working with the Intel Wireless Engineering Team to help me identify my issues and will update this thread as needed.

I would encourage everyone having a similar issue to open/post a new thread so that it could be addressed directly by Intel.

0 Kudos
Mudslideyo
Beginner

I am using a Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.795.

0 Kudos
ErickE
New Contributor I

Well, it has been confirmed by Dell that they have intentionally disabled 6GHz support for the AX211 adapter in the XPS 9520.  

See my threads on Dell's support forum and Reddit for additional information. 

Does the XPS 9520 support Wi-Fi6E (6GHz)? - Dell Community

Is it deceptive that the XPS 9520 has an AX211 adapter, but Dell has disabled its 6GHz support? : DellXPS (reddit.com)

PM1PM2PM3

0 Kudos