Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Accidently deleted Bluetooth drivers

B1TE
Beginner

yesterday I accidentally deleted all my BlueTooth drivers and now I can't find the option to turn on/off Bluetooth and I can't find it in the device manager. in device manager, it doesn't show up when I go to show>show hidden devices. I watched a video that told me to install this: BT_22.00.0_64_Win10 and then go to (c:)>windows>system32>fsquirt. I opened the fsquirt file and pressed receive files and it just says "Bluetooth file transfer not completed" and "the file could not be sent because the connection could not be established, check to make sure the Bluetooth radio is plugged in"

I also tried troubleshooting and it said that my device doesn't have Bluetooth

Bluetooth worked fine 3 days ago

thank you!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

here is the .txt file

thank you!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @B1TE 

No file was attached. In order to attach this report , please click on "browse" below the post frame when you answering to this message and attach this file.

Leon

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

when I do it you cant open it :/, but ill try one more time:

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download the BT Driver for your board, unzip the archive and install this driver.
  2. FYI, this is the download page for all drivers for your board.  On this page you will find all other drivers and latest version of BIOS (you are running on outdated BIOS).

Leon

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

when I try downloading the BT driver it says "does not support this operating system"

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

I restarted and I could open the file now!

this is what is says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* BIOSRenamer *
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB550FGW.CAP ===> RB550FGW.CAP

This file has been renamed to RB550FGW.CAP. To use USB BIOS Flashback, copy RB550FGW.CAP to the root of your USB flash drive.

Press any key to continue . . .

what does this mean?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it without any problem (see the attached clip). If you have problem with the installation, you need address this question to Asus support.

Leon

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

now i have updated my bios

and i installed the bluetooth driver

but my bluetooth still dont work

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @B1TE 

Now, check in BIOS if Bluetooth is enabled and in Windows Settings Devices > Bluetooth & other devices - the Bluetooth should be ON.

Leon

LeonWaksman_0-1606249883726.jpeg

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

i have'nt been online for 2 weeks now so i have'nt been able to reply.

bluetooth is enabled in bios but it don't show up in settings.

@LeonWaksman 

0 Kudos
B1TE
Beginner

is there not a solution to this, or are you trying to figure it out?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sorry, Have no idea how to help you. Try to ask the OEM of your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos