Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth AC8260 + Windows 10 + Bluetooth headset paired but disconnected

AStan10
Beginner

Hi,

i have HP x360 spectre laptop using Intel AC8260 for Bluetooth communication and Windows 10 64-bit.

I've recently bought a pair of Jabra Elite 65t has Bluetooth headphones.

They work without any problem with by mobile devices. I manage to pair them on this laptop but when i go to the Playback and Recording tab of the Sound settings they show up as disconnected.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I've tried the following, without any success:

• Clicking on the connect button doesn't do anything
  • It's not possible to select it as "Default" since it's grayed out
  • Disable some of the Bluetooth services
  • Unpair and repair the headset
  • Update Bluetooth driver to the latest 20.90.1
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver

Can you please help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • Could you try the following steps to allow Bluetooth services? 1. Go to the search Windows search bar 2. Type services 3. Click “Yes” at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes 4. Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on Bluetooth Support Service 5. Click Restart at the left top corner • Does this happen with other Bluetooth devices? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 I was checking your case and would like to know if you the steps provided previously. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AStan10
Beginner

Hello,

I've tried but it didn't solve it.

The strange thing is that from the Bluetooth panel is the device is connected it says Connected, when it's disconnected it says Paired.

On the Sound panel it's always shows up as Disconnected in both cases.

I don't have another Bluetooth audio devices to test right now with the laptop but BT connections with Mouse and phone are fine.

Thanks

Antonio

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 Thank you for the information and the testing performed, allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 In order to look deeper into the behavior that you are reporting please provide me the following data: • Reinstall the Bluetooth driver provided by HP the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your system. o Reference link: o https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4000-x360-convertible-pc/7527520/model/7791778. • Provide me with the msinfo32 system report. o Use the key combination “Windows logo +R”. o Type msinfo32. o Select File option. o Export the report to your desktop. o To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have completed the system reports requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello AStan10 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos