Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Bluetooth won't find any devices

RMuri2
Beginner

Hello, I've tried everything ​I can think of and I can't get my Bluetooth to work on my PC. After digging around for a long time it seems to be the the Intel Bluetooth driver. I've tried so many things to fix it, updating drivers, uninstalling the drivers

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
RMuri2
Beginner

File is attached

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RMuri2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance? If yes, could you please provide the following information in order to understand better your environment?

1. Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
  2. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Please provide details
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  4. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  5. Besides reinstalling and updating the drivers, what other steps did you take trying to fix the issue?
  6. Is the Bluetooth device present in Device Manager and is the Bluetooth icon available in the Windows notification area in the taskbar?
  7. Where are you seeing that the Bluetooth does not find devices? Could you please provide some screenshots and the steps you follow when scanning and trying to connect Bluetooth devices?
  8. What type of devices are you trying to connect via Bluetooth? Do they work fine with other devices via Bluetooth?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RMuri2
Beginner
  1. Yes​
  2. ​I know the driver worked as of November 2019, however, I haven't tried to use Bluetooth since then so IAM u sure of when this started to happen.It took awhile to connect but other than that yes it worked before.​
  3. Unsure​
  4. Is this the same
  5. Updated the registry entries, changed the services, tried updating and uninstalling windows updates, tried external tools, reached out to windows support... I've tried a ton of things.​
  6. Yes to device manager, no to the task bar.
  7. When using the windows Bluetooth setup, I can provide screenshots later as I'm not currently on that PC​
  8. My phone, headphones, anything it's not finding anything​

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RMuri2

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

After checking the steps performed at this point, since you mentioned that the Windows® Registry was manipulated, we are not aware of the changes and impact regarding those Registry entries and we cannot guarantee the proper functionality of the drivers and devices for wireless and Bluetooth.

In this case, we recommend trying a clean installation of the operating system (OS) to start from scratch. Before trying this, we highly recommend performing a backup of all your information and files and to contact either Microsoft® Support or your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM, e.g. GIGABYTE®) for proper instructions and considerations before proceeding with the clean install of the OS.

Once the OS has been installed, Windows® may offer a driver for both Bluetooth and Wireless via Windows® Update Service, once the driver is installed, we recommend checking if it is an updated driver or if it matches to the OEM driver from Gigabyte*.

However, if no driver update is offered via Windows® Update, please update the driver from Device Manager:

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  • Select Bluetooth to see the names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) on Intel® Wireless Bluetooth to update.
  • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  • Select Update Driver.

If the issue persists, please provide a new Intel® SSU report, and please confirm if the issue you are experiencing is only with Bluetooth or also with Wireless since this is not clear from the last post.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RMuri2

We would like to know if you were able to try the previous recommendations. If you need further assistance please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RMuri2

We have not heard back from you so we will be proceeding to close this thread soon. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos