Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

CISCO LEAP support in Intel PROset/Wireless Software

MMari29
Beginner

Hello.

I have HP Probook 640G2 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24F3&SUBSYS_00108086&REV_3A). OS is Windows 7 Pro x64.

I need to create profile with authentication method Cisco LEAP - Enterprise security -> Open -> WEP -> Enable 802.1X -> LEAP.

After some install/uninstall of Intel PROset/Wireless Software i found that version 18.40.4 is the last version in witch LEAP authentication method exist:

Version. 18.40.4

Version. 19.20

But installing this drivers is not a solution - if LAN/WLAN switching is activated (BIOS or software metod) WLAN is not availible after is been disabled. The problem exist also if you disable WLAN from button.

How can i enable LEAP on new version (>18.40.4) of Intel PROset/Wireless Software?

If LEAP is dropped from support?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Simplify,

As you know, LEAP has been out for a while and its usage is not so common nowadays, therefore, it may require extra steps to make it work with current configurations.

LEAP is licensed by Cisco to other manufacturers through their Cisco Compatible Extensions program and with Intel® PROSet/Wireless 19.0 and later, the Cisco CCX functionality is not installed by default.

To use this functionality, enable it with the following steps:

1. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html Download the desired Intel PROSet/Wireless Software package for IT administrators.

2. Unzip the package and open Setup.xml under root directory.

3. Look for a property called CCX_SUPPORT. Set this property to TRUE to install the Cisco CCX functionality. (Default is set to FALSE)

CCX_SUPPORT=FALSE

4. Save the changes to Setup.xml

5. Run Setup.exe

* In an upgrade scenario, this property setting is ignored. The CCX functionality is maintained when upgrading an older PROSet version to PROSet 19.x.

* If Intel® PROSet/Wireless 19.x was already installed (as it was in our test system), you can uninstall it from Windows programs, do the setup.xml change, then install it again, LEAP should be available after that.

You can find this information in the following document:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006222.html Frequently Asked Questions for Enterprise and IT Administrators

Regards,

Jonathan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Simplify,

As you know, LEAP has been out for a while and its usage is not so common nowadays, therefore, it may require extra steps to make it work with current configurations.

LEAP is licensed by Cisco to other manufacturers through their Cisco Compatible Extensions program and with Intel® PROSet/Wireless 19.0 and later, the Cisco CCX functionality is not installed by default.

To use this functionality, enable it with the following steps:

1. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000017246.html Download the desired Intel PROSet/Wireless Software package for IT administrators.

2. Unzip the package and open Setup.xml under root directory.

3. Look for a property called CCX_SUPPORT. Set this property to TRUE to install the Cisco CCX functionality. (Default is set to FALSE)

CCX_SUPPORT=FALSE

4. Save the changes to Setup.xml

5. Run Setup.exe

* In an upgrade scenario, this property setting is ignored. The CCX functionality is maintained when upgrading an older PROSet version to PROSet 19.x.

* If Intel® PROSet/Wireless 19.x was already installed (as it was in our test system), you can uninstall it from Windows programs, do the setup.xml change, then install it again, LEAP should be available after that.

You can find this information in the following document:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006222.html Frequently Asked Questions for Enterprise and IT Administrators

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
MMari29
Beginner

Hello Jonathan.

Thank you so much you saved the day!

I'm sorry but I could not find anything about it.

Thanks again for the quick and accurate response.

Regards,

Marin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Simplify,

We are very happy to know our recommendations helped to resolve your inquiry. Feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos