Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Centrino 2230-N Win7 driver speed issues

kkloa
Beginner

Dear ladies and gentleman,

i have a Lenovo Laptop with dual boot Win7 64bit and Win8.1 64bit. I also use the latest driver for WLAN on Win7 & Win8.1. When i connect to my access point where N is enabled, with WIN7 i only get a download speed of appr. 22MBit. When i connect to the access-point with WIN8.1 i get download speed of appr. 50MBit which is my internet speed limit.

So something is wrong with my settings or the drivers in WIN7. When i use an older driver version, my download is appr. 18MBit. The installation of the driver was done with default settings, so no change in advanced wireless settings from the card was done by my.

Do you have any ideas, why this can happen?

Thanks,

regards

Herbert

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

there might be some antivirus or firewall that hinders your WiFi's speed. try disabling any of those and see if you get all your speed.

0 Kudos
kkloa
Beginner

Hi,

Sophos AV running on both Systems. But i also tried disabling AV in WIN7 and the results are the same,...

regards

Herbert

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

try Microsoft's driver by deleting all intel proset drivers in the driver installations. test and see if it gives the good throughput

0 Kudos
kkloa
Beginner

Hi,

i go back to Microsoft driver, and then reinstalled Intel Proset, so now the speed is ok again!

Thanks,

regards

Herbert

0 Kudos