Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

DRTU not provided by distributor

kaspo
Novice

Dear Intel,

we are trying to get the DRTU tool for weeks without any success. We have asked our seller of the Intel® Dual Band-Wireless-AC 8265 to get it. They don't have it and they can't get it from you. Then we tried to contact Intel customer support that replied us that we have to receive the test tool (DRTU) from a local Intel representative  or by contacting one of the authorized distributors in our area. We contacted every single distributor on this list without any success.

Can please someone from Intel get in contact with us to resolve this situation ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kaspo
Novice

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. 

As it seems that there is no solution I would like to summarize our discussion for the community in case somebody else runs into the same issue: The Intel WLAN modules that are sold by resellers, can't be used in compliant production grade products as these products require a test in a lab (e.g. to fulfill EN 300 328) and these labs need the DRTU software that can't be provided. The intended way by Intel is to get in contact with a Intel® Authorized Distributors but practically this way doesn't work as evidenced in my case where I've contacted all available  Intel® Authorized Distributors without any success.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

kaspo, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will do further research on this matter in order to try to provide the information that you are looking for or to point you in the right direction to get it. Just to let you know, normally that type of tool, as you mentioned, should be provided by the local Intel® representative or by contacting one of our authorized distributors in your area. As soon as I get any updates I will post al the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kaspo
Novice

Hi,

how we get in contact with the Intel® representative that would be responsible for our area. As we bought the module via a reseller we don't have direct contact with Intel.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
kaspo
Novice

Hi,

this request is a bit time critical as we can't launch our product without these tests. Can you please provide us help here.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello kaspo, I just received an update on this matter.

I sent you an email with private information. Please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello kaspo, I just received another update on this topic.

Even though you mentioned that you already tried to get in contact directly with the Intel® Authorized Distributors, please try that again, but this time ask for a FAE (Field Application Engineer) to confirm whether they are able to help in providing the tool:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html 

As an alternative, you also have the possibility to check on the Intel® Resource & Design Center website for further support for the Intel® DRTU and verify if they can provide further options to get the tool: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kaspo
Novice

Hi Albert,

we've asked for the Field Application Engineer in our inquiries to your distributors. Can you maybe provide us with a direct contact of a Field Application Engineer we can talk to ? 

Regarding the Intel® Resource & Design Center: You are saying that we should "verify if they can provide further options to get the tool". If I am checking the website I am ending up on the normal Support Website. So "they" is referring to the normal support?

Is there not an easy way to put us in contact with someone who can provide this tool ? From a customer perspective the process of being send from A to B to C is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi kaspo, Thank you very much for you providing that information.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience. The reason why we recommended getting in contact with an Intel® representative or a FAE (Field Application Engineer) is that access to confidential tools like Intel® DRTU requires specific permission, and they will be the only ones that will be able to further assist you in that regard:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088282/programs/intel-partner-alliance.html

From our side, that is the best option we have available. We understand that it could be very frustrating which is why I am sending your feedback to the proper department so they can be aware of your comments and suggestions in order to keep improving the customer's experience while using Intel® products. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience that this process might have caused you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kaspo
Novice

Hi,

thanks a lot for the quick reply. 

Would it be possible that an Intel® representative or a FAE (Field Application Engineer) contacts me ? As they seem to be only the ones that can unblock the situation and I am not able to get in contact with these people through the described channels, can you please initiate the contact from your side (Intel)?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

kaspo, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"Would it be possible that an Intel® representative or a FAE (Field Application Engineer) contacts me ?:

That cannot be possible. The only option to get in contact with them will be through our Intel® Authorized Distributors. From our side, there are no more options that we can provide about this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
kaspo
Novice

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. 

As it seems that there is no solution I would like to summarize our discussion for the community in case somebody else runs into the same issue: The Intel WLAN modules that are sold by resellers, can't be used in compliant production grade products as these products require a test in a lab (e.g. to fulfill EN 300 328) and these labs need the DRTU software that can't be provided. The intended way by Intel is to get in contact with a Intel® Authorized Distributors but practically this way doesn't work as evidenced in my case where I've contacted all available  Intel® Authorized Distributors without any success.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

kaspo, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your comments.

We already provided all the different options that were available in order to get the DRTU tool. This is your personal experience and opinion on this specific case and it does not apply to every user/customer.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos