Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Does anyone know whether I can replace my intel AC 7260 Mobile chipset with another newer version?

A_Alex_Veloso
Beginner

HP Zbook G2 17

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version: 17763.404

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00GHz

32GB

2255 KBC Version 03.12

M70 Ver. 01.23

NVIDIA Quadro K4100M

Realtek High Definition Audio

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You will need to contact HP. There are reasons, not to mention it not working, or sporadically working.

Read paragraph 5 & 6:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos
A_Alex_Veloso
Beginner

My laptop freezes for a second or two and then disconnects from the wifi, I run the troubleshooter and it resets the driver with the fix "default gateway not available". Any suggestion for this issue?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Are you using the drivers provided by HP? If not, you should.

HP is solely responsible for support of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
A_Alex_Veloso
Beginner

warranty is expired!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but replacing the card yourself is not without the possibility of problems.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have already provided the link to the intel document which informs you why you should not do this. HP is the support path for your laptop, not Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
A_Alex_Veloso
Beginner

Thank you Doc,

I have read it already.

What should I do with my chipset as it keeps dropping and whenever I run the troubleshooter, the fix result is "Default gateway not available".

I have read loads of articles about this issue.

Kind regards,

Alex A Veloso

Director and Architectural Designer

Tower Residential Design Ltd.

https://designtrc.com/index.html

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Who knows.

"Default gateway not available" sounds to me like your ISP is having problems, or your corporate network is improperly configured or having problems.

I would not necessarily trust the troubleshooter, as it has no real idea of the network configuration. It is simply making a "best guess".

Take your laptop to a repair shop and have them examine it.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, I noticed that you removed the part in one of your posts about replacing the processor with one from a Dell machine. Do you know if the processor is supported by the HP bios? If not, that could be causing your problems as well. Since you have demonstrated a penchant for changing hardware, without proper consultation or following directions, it is impossible to determine the state of your laptop.

Take the laptop to a repair shop, or get a new laptop, and have your IT shop configure it properly.

Doc

0 Kudos
A_Alex_Veloso
Beginner

Hi Doc,

This problem started months ago from vodafone wireless hub, then I moved to Virgin Media and it started get worse and once I received a new wireless hub from virgin media last week things got worse!

Kind regards,

Alex A Veloso

Director and Architectural Designer

Tower Residential Design Ltd.

https://designtrc.com/index.html

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello A.Alex.Veloso, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The information Al.Hill has provided is correct, in this case, in order to see which adapters are available for changing to use instead of the one you have, you need to contact the manufacturer of your system. Also, as previously mentioned, check with the internet service provider to see if this issue is related to a problem they may be experiencing or a configuration. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos