Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Error WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz

GaboLopez
Beginner

I have a problem with the Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160Mhz, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 11 and so far it's the only device that doesn't work. The strangest thing about the issue is that Bluetooth does not work either and does not appear in the list of devices.

I already installed Intel System Support Utility, I attach the report it to this thread.

Did you install the Chipset Device Software package before any other Intel driver packages?
Yes.

What is the architecture of your system?
Desktop.

What is the brand and model of the motherboard?
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming carbon wifi

Is the Wireless module integrated onto the motherboard or did you add it via an add-in PCIe card?
Its integrated to the motherboard.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

bluetooth.pngwifi.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @GaboLopez

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for the information provided upfront.

In order to provide you with the proper assistance, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Have you checked if there is any setting in your motherboard's BIOS related to Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth? If so, have you made sure they are enabled? For this task, we recommend contacting MSI* Support for proper guidance.

2- Do you see any error code in Device Manager? Please go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > double click on Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the error code and error description in the General tab. (You may also share another screenshot).

3- Also, in Device Manager, in the top menu click on View > Show hidden devices and let us know if you see any device related to Bluetooth.

4- Just to make sure, did the issue start at the exact moment that you installed Windows* 11?

Did the Wireless and Bluetooth work fine on Windows* 10? (this is in just case you were running Windows 10 before...)

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GaboLopez
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I answer you below:

1- Have you checked if there are any settings in your motherboard BIOS related to Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth? If so, have you made sure they are enabled?
Double checked. I did a factory reset to validate.

2- Do you see any error code in Device Manager? Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > double-click Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the error code and error description under the General tab. (You can also share another screenshot.)
Attached screenshot.

wifierror2.png

3- Also, in Device Manager, in the top menu click on View > Show hidden devices and let us know if you see any Bluetooth related devices.
Yes it comes out, and gives two options: Update or install.
Attached screenshot.

bluetooth2.png

4- Just to make sure, did the problem start at the exact moment you installed Windows* 11?
I did a fresh install, i.e. I didn't upgrade from Windows 10, but downloaded Windows 11 and bought a new SSD hard drive. After the initial setup the wifi didn't work and I downloaded the Dragon Center software and before starting with the driver installation I first selected the Intel Chipset and rebooted, however Windows Update installed its drivers and then I installed the official MSI ones via DragonCenter.

Did wireless and Bluetooth work fine in Windows* 10? (this is in case you were running Windows 10 before...)
Yes, in windows 10 I had no problem, I could use wifi and bluetooth to connect an xbox controller.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GaboLopez

Thank you for your response.

Checking the screenshot we noticed that Device Manager is reporting an Error Code 10 which can be caused by many different issues. Usually, a Code 10 error is a temporary error, generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device. However, this error is considered a generic message indicating an unspecified problem.

In regards to this behavior, as a first approach, we recommend performing a Cold reboot of the system. This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.

If the issue persists, please try the following steps:

1- Install all available Windows Updates. Please refer to this link for further instructions: Update Windows*.

You may also check with Microsoft* Support for additional guidance.

2- Perform a clean installation of drivers for both components Bluetooth and Wireless using the customized drivers provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM) MSI*:

• Intel WIFI Driver Version 22.110.1.1
  • Bluetooth Driver Version 22.110.2.1
  • Important: Download the drivers before uninstalling the driver if you are following the instructions for a clean installation process.

Follow the steps in these articles for installation instructions:

• How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers
  • Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers                      
  • Note: During the process, after uninstalling the current drivers and before reinstalling the drivers, you may clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK. Reboot your computer and proceed to install the drivers.
  • We recommend installing the Bluetooth driver first, followed by the wireless driver.
  • After completing the installation of both drivers, please reboot the PC.

If the issue persists, please repeat the clean installation process using the generic drivers from Intel:

3- Also, it seems there are two BIOS updates available for the system, the latest is Version 7C73v1C.

We recommended checking with MSI* Support to see if they recommend updating the BIOS in case it may help with this behavior. They may also assist you with the BIOS update instructions.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GaboLopez

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
GaboLopez
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I already tried with all the options that they gave me in the forum, I made two types of installations:

1: Installing windows 11 from scratch, disconnecting the network cable, the first thing I installed was the Intel Chip set Drivers, then the Bluetooth and finally the wireless (Both with generic version), between each step, I turned off the computer for about 5 minutes before continuing.
result: the wireless does not work nor does the Bluetooth

2: Installing windows 11 from scratch, disconnecting the network cable, the first thing I installed was the Intel Chip set Drivers, then the Bluetooth and finally the wireless (Both with the Intel version), between each step I turned off the computer for about 5 minutes before continuing.
Result: Bluetooth showed up after turning on the computer but after installing the wi-fi driver it disappeared from the device manager. WI-Fi still doesn't work.

I no longer want to reformat back to windows 10 where both devices were working fine. I give up for now. I am going to buy a TP-Link external wi-fi card WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe card to solve this problem in this week.

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello GaboLopez

Thank you for your response and we apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Since the behavior persists after following all the suggestions and even after reinstalling Windows 11, at this point our recommendation is to report this issue directly to MSI* Support.

In addition, if you are planning to buy and integrate an external PCIe Wi-Fi card, checking this with them would be also recommended as they may provide proper guidance and instructions.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos