Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Excluding PROset/wireless and PROset/Bluetooth software from installation

MRutk1
Beginner

Well, I really hate to install anything more than drivers on my system. That's why each time I choose "custom" installation process and want to install as little data as possible. Unfortunately I can't really do that with wireless PROSet/Wireless nad PROSet/Bluetooth installation packages.

For PROSet/Wireless, I'm excluding the enterprise software package, but it installs some sort of application on my system anyway. I can access it via Control Panel / Intel PRoSet/Wireless Tools. An item appears in my "Programs and Features" module under the name "Intel(R) PROset/Wireless software". Are those tools really necessary and is there a way NOT to install them? I haven't found any option to untick during installation process...

Similar question refers to PROSet/Bluetooth - in this case the setup doesn't even allow to select installation packages but install everything what's included by default. Even though I can't see any BT configuration options in my system (i.e. in Control Panel or in Programs), there is an entry in "Programs and Features" called "Intel(R) PROset/Wireless software for bluetooth technology (patch version xxxxx)". Again I don't really need any extra software for BT, is it necessary to have it?

My guess is that by saying "software" Intel means mostly "drivers", but I'm not sure that's correct.

I know for PROSet/Wireless I can download drivers only (using Intel's page), but the problem is that I'm using a Dell laptop and Dell's support is very strict about using only drivers downloaded from their page. Unfortunately they offer only "full" packages, including both drivers and software.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Mikolajek, it is possible to download and install the driver-only package instead of the full version Intel® PROSet Wireless Software. You just need to download the smaller file depending on your adapter and operating system architecture. If you need assistance choosing this package please provide the wireless adapter model and operating system (32 or 64 bit).

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software downloads

In regards of Intel® PROSet Wireless Bluetooth* Software, I am afraid we only provide the option to install the software completely.

0 Kudos