Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

How unblock and install

Mesbah
Beginner

Intel Instal Blocked.JPG

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to provide the most accurate response, we just wanted to verify a few details about your system: Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? What is the model of the wireless card? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or it came installed in the computer? What is the model of the computer? Which Windows version are you using? We can try a clean installation of the wireless driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mesbah
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, For us to be able to further assist you, please provide the information requested previously. As an option you can always download and install the Intel® Driver and Support Assistance, the tool updates the drivers in your system, version 3.7.0.8: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mesbah
Beginner

I succeeded in finding & downloading WiFi_20.110.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe . However, executing it as admin still popped up that same stupid error message about blocked installation. This issue must be resolved by Intel installation app because as user I do not dare removing my present already installed by ASUS OEM system hoping to be able to install Intel update. Because in case of compatibility issues then I am left with no WiFi on my ASUS laptop. I expect Intel to make installation of these drivers as smooth as other drivers that install with no hassle. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, Thank you very much for providing those results The Intel® wireless drivers are generic, meaning that they might or might not work with your system. The manufacturers of the laptops have the option to enable/disable the settings in the BIOS, they also have the option to customized drives, that is why we recommend to install the drivers provided by them and that could be the reason why the driver is not installing. In this case, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with ASUS to confirm that information and to make sure that you are using the proper wireless driver for your platform: https://www.asus.com/support/ To try a clean installation of the driver might fix this problem. Additionally the error message could be also related to Windows*, to contact Microsoft directly in reference to that subject might be a good option as well: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello, Mesbah, I just wanted to check if you were able to contact ASUS or Microsoft* to verify why you are getting the message about blocked installation and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mesbah
Beginner

ASUS just like Intel has a web site showing latest driver updates for my laptop that are all installed. ASUS does not show any WiFi new driver update. However, Intel installer still unable to install latest WiFi driver from WiFi_20.110.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, Thank you for providing those results, we are sorry to hear the issue persists. I would like to check you configuration with a remote session. I have sent you an email to request contact details, please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mesbah
Beginner

As I previously reported ASUS just like Intel has a web site showing latest driver updates for my laptop that are all installed. ASUS does not show any WiFi new driver update. However, Intel installer still unable to install latest WiFi driver from WiFi_20.110.0_PROSet64_Win10.exe 😞 👎

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Mesbah, Thank you for sharing those details. We recommend to use the wireless driver provided by ASUS, so if that driver is the one that is currently installed and the wireless connection is working properly, you can always keep using that driver. The Intel® wireless drivers are generic, as mentioned previously they might or might not work with your system, in this case the best thing to do will be to get in contact with ASUS directly to confirm what is the proper wireless driver for your system and to verify if maybe there is a new wireless driver available: https://www.asus.com/support If by any chance there is a problem with the wireless connection and it is not working properly, please let us know so we can further assist you. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos