Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 7260 Bluetooth MediaPlayPause does not work

DLuu2
Beginner

I have seen this issue with the 7260 ac card two years ago where play/pause button does not work from bluetooth devices, BUT next/previous track works.

When I go to map the hotkeys within my media player, it does not pick up MediaPlayPause, but it does pick up MediaNextTrack and MediaPreviousTrack when I press the buttons on my bluetooth speaker.

This is not an issue with the media player as my bigfoot 1202 card is able to play/pause without any issues.

I gave up on this issue two years ago as no one else has ever asked about it.

This year, I bought a newer model of the 7260 ac, and I have different bluetooth speakers and a different laptop (Windows 8.1)

I was able to get play/pause to work randomly a few times, and it seems to only work when the media player is in the foreground. Next/Previous track button works always even if the media player is minimized.

I updated to the latest bluetooth drivers 17.1.1501.512 and still encountering the same issue.

Remote control is enabled in the bluetooth services.

I really need this issue fixed so that I can use the play button from the shower.

What can be causing this issue?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello cpx,

It may be that the Bluetooth profile is not supported by the adapter. You will need to consult with your Bluetooth speakers manufacturer for further assistance.

0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner

I have the same problem, the pause/play isn't registering with my Sony bluetooth headset, I checked with a Toshiba laptop that uses a different their own bluetooth stack and guess what?, it works!!, so I knew it something wrong with Intel's bluetooth stack, please fix this.

0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner
0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner

when can I expect you to fix this Intel?

0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

pinkbeca12,

Please access the user guide of your Bluetooth in order to check whcih profiles are supported. Please access this link for further assistance: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034938.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — How to Access the Intel User Guide for Bluetooth® Technology in the following link, you will find more information on connecting a device via Bluetooth*: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034963.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Connecting to Devices Using Bluetooth® Technology

Is this issue occuring with a native application or with a third-party one? Gives more details in which circumtances it occurs.

0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner

I'm using VLC and I can't assign the Play/Pause button, but when I took my bluetooth headset to use it with my mom's laptop that uses their own brand of bluetooth stack it works!, why won't this button assign with Intel's bluetooth stack?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

pinkbecca12,

In this particular case we recommend that you contact VLC* support in order to check with them about what Bluetooth profile is supported by this application.

0 Kudos
rbabc4
Beginner
0 Kudos