Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 Windows 10 Disconnect Problems

JKing20
Beginner

This appears to be a common problem so I thought I would add my complaint to the mix to see if Intel will finally take action (that's a joke, by the way). I have a 3 year old Lenovo W541 with an Intel AC 7260 wireless adapter. For the first 2 years, I had Windows 7 loaded and never had a problem. Then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and that's when things started to fall apart. I now experience sporadic wifi disconnects. This happens at home and also at work (2 different locations). At home, I have dozens of devices connected to my router, including our smart TV that we stream content to, and none of them experience any problems. Just this system. And at work, hundreds of devices connected to a state-of-the-art Cisco wireless network... and so far, I'm the only one with problems.

It usually starts with several of these...

The description for Event ID 8000 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP11

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

And then one or more of these will be thrown in...

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I've tried dozens of different fixes I found on the Internet, most from various Intel sites. Most recently, I rebuilt the laptop from scratch only to end up in the same boat a few days later. I've tried the stock Windows 10 drivers. I've tried the latest Lenovo drivers. And I've tried the latest drivers from Intel, both the full driver install and just the base driver install. All produce the same symptoms. I'm about ready to give up.

You know what is most amazing about this? It's the utter lack of any real attempt by Intel to fix this. It's clear that there is a real issue with the Windows 10 driver base for this product. But Intel just keeps blaming everything and everyone else. Like I said, I'm about to give up and go the route of a USB stick, as kludgey as that sounds, but I thought I would give this one last try. It also allows me to vent my frustration with the world.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JKing20
Beginner

I've read other posts and it seems these are commonly requested items. For the record, my router at home is an Asus RT-N66U and at work, we use Cisco Meraki, but I don't have the exact model.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MadMan,

Thanks for posting in our communities and for sharing your troubleshooting.

At this point, the best option we can offer you is https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html to contact the system OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and request a warranty or paid hardware replacement.

Some users have reported that the inbox driver shows better results, here's a an example of that

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
TMay
Beginner

Hi,

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Yep, Problem on my Thinkpad T440s. Win10 Pro. Rolled the drivers back to 2015 Windows 8.. Works now.. Only problem is every-so often MSFT updates the driver and I need to roll the Driver back?? Been doing this for two years now...

tom

0 Kudos
BClar3
Beginner

OT4242, do you have a link to that driver that is working for you? I have an Asus GL551JM-DH71 with the same wireless card and the existing drivers are giving me fits!! Always disconnecting or won't connect while all the other devices around me have no issues. It's working a bit better using the Intel v18.20 driver, but it still has issues.

0 Kudos
TMay
Beginner

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/n1gw201w_64.exe

had to delete the existing one..or intel tells you you can't update..Ran it in win 8 mode..

good luck drove me crazy until I was able to fix it..

tom

TSpau
Beginner

I created an account here just to thank you for this message. So, THANK YOU, good sir. I have been messing with this for days, trying all kinds of settings on my router, in Windows, and in my BIOS, and this is the solution. Not a single "Event ID 5010 from source NETwNb64" in the three hours since I've installed these drivers on my Lenovo ThinkPad T440 in Windows 10 Pro, whereas before I was getting them constantly, sometimes two or three times per second. I uninstalled the network device and clicked yes to the "Delete the drivers?" in Device Manager before I installed the driver, and I did not have to run it in any kind of compatibility mode to get it to installI. I did disable driver signature enforcement when I did so, but I don't think I needed to.

It's great to finally have this fixed. Thanks again, TMay

0 Kudos
KMiln1
Beginner

Had the same problem with Win 10 and Verizon G6100 router, it was OK at first then around January 2020 started to disconnect needing Win 10 reset all the time, after Verizon pushed a firmware update to router. Tried the solutions here, nothing worked. Then updated my settings on the router to enable "Self-Organizing Network". Problems disappeared. If you have a Verizon router, or any other that allows this setting, be sure to turn it ON.

0 Kudos