Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 - Not able to see WIFI 6 AX

Mouflok
Beginner

I just deploy Wifi 6 hotspot and my laptop are not able to see the SSID of this wifi ax version. My others equiments can see it without issue

I have no issue with wifi until ac version

After ckecking with an ipconfig/all i saw my wireless card is :

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

and the driver version is : 18.33.11.2 (from 31/10/2017)

I found this page on intel site which could have solved my issue

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/wireless.html

--> Systems Using Intel® Wireless Adapters Supporting 802.11ac Not Displaying Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Networks in Scan List of Available Networks

The solution is to update the driver with at least 18.33.13.4 version.
On intel site I can only find the last 3 versions which are available on this page

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?

After trying to install, I get this message error :

unable to install this software on your system

With the device manager of my Windws 10, i also tried to update directly the firmeware but I get this message

the best drivers for your device are already installed

Is their a way to solve my issue ?

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You will need to do a clean install. To help you out, here are my detailed instructions (please follow exactly):

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these  drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-a... and https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10.html. 
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7265 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7265 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation). (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You will need to do a clean install. To help you out, here are my detailed instructions (please follow exactly):

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these  drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-a... and https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10.html. 
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7265 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7265 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation). (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Mouflok
Beginner

Quit complicate to apply but at the end it solves my issue

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos