Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7617 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX211 160MHz drops Wi-Fi regularly and generates four event viewer logs, Netwtw14

Bryson
Beginner

Good evening,

I am having the same problem as the originator of this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6-AX201-160MHz-drops-Wi-Fi-regularly-and-generates/td-p/1557025/page/2

My wi-fi drops frequently when on 5Ghz, works perfectly on 2.4.  Every time it drops my event logs show the same pile of warnings the previous author was experiencing.  Most notably "The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw14 cannot be found."

I've taken all the recommended steps I can find in the many forums where people describe this issue.  Updated my bios, clean driver install, cold boot, recommended settings, etc.  Nothing works.

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bryson

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To assist us in understanding your system's setup, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with a System Support Utility (SSU) log. Please see the instructions provided below on how to generate the SSU logs.

How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Has the problem been occurring since you first acquired your unit? Additionally, do you have an alternate device that functions correctly without any problems?

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bryson
Beginner

Good evening Caguicla,

Thank you for your assistance.  My SSU file is attached.

Has the problem been occurring since you first acquired your unit?

- Yes, but I mistook it for an ISP issue until I tried alternative devices.  The problem is isolated to this device.  All other devices function correctly.

Kind regards,

Bryson

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

Thanks for providing the requested information.

Please give us some time to check on this. We will get back to you once we have an update.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Before I consult with our engineering team, could you please test the system with previous versions of the Wireless drivers to determine if the issue persists? Please take note of the driver versions that you will test.

Regarding the 802.11ax Connectivity settings, are these the recommended adjustments you've implemented as found here: Intel's Recommended Settings?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/wireless.html

Additionally, was the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX211 pre-installed on your motherboard, or did you acquire it separately?

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Bryson
Beginner

Good evening Caguicla,

Recommended connectivity settings - Yes, those are the recommended adjustments that I followed.  My settings currently match those.

Pre-installed - Yes, the AX211 is pre-installed on my motherboard.

Previous versions - The problem happened with the previous driver version I was using.  The only difference was that the error cited "Netwtw12" instead of "Netwtw14".  Regretfully I didn't write down what that version was.

I just tried to download the oldest drivers I could find here and install them: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/784628/intel-wireless-wi-fi-drivers-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

But when I try to run them an error spits out saying "A newer product version is already installed."  As far as I can tell it doesn't allow me to ignore this error.  I tried uninstalling the device altogether and running the driver executable, but it spit out the same error so I'm not sure how to proceed.  Sorry.

Thank you for your assistance,

Bryson

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

No worries at all. Appreciate your effort in following our recommendations.

Can you try another clean driver installation but this time, install the driver that can be downloaded from the MSi website?

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Bryson
Beginner

Good evening Caguicla,

I tried the clean driver installation from the MSi link you provided but it had no effect on the problem.

Kind regards,

Bryson

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

Thank you for trying out our recommendations.

I'll check this issue internally with our team. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Bryson,

Thank you for your patience.

Upon reviewing our recent correspondence, I realized that I failed to inquire about the status of Windows updates on your system. Ensuring that all pending updates are applied is a crucial step that can often resolve existing issues.

Could you please confirm whether your system is up-to-date with all Windows updates? Applying these updates might provide a solution to the problem you're experiencing.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Bryson
Beginner

Good morning Caguicla,

I can confirm that my system is up to date with all Windows Updates.  I have it set to auto-update and I manually update it weekly just to be sure I don't miss anything.

Kind regards,

Bryson

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Bryson,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll continue to check this request internally and give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Bryson,

Thank you for your patience.

To assist us in further diagnosing the issue, carry out the following steps:

1. Have you attempted to connect the computer to an alternate access point, such as a different router or modem?

2. Set the Preferred Band setting of the wireless adapter to 'No Preference' (default ).

3. Consider updating the BIOS to the beta version 7E06vAD2.

4. Provide the make and model of the wireless router or modem in use.

5. What is the distance between the wireless router or modem and the computer?

References:

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Bryson
Beginner

Good evening Caguicla,

Thank you for your continued assistance.

1. I don't have an alternate access point available, unfortunately.  But I can confirm that other devices on this access point have no ill effects, including my previous computer.

2. No effect.

3. I can try this if you like, but I'm currently on 7E06vAC and I don't see anything in the AD1 or AD2 change reports that suggest the beta version would resolve things.  Would you like me to go ahead with it anyway?

4. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/equipment-info-fibre-gateway-2-0-xb7/ta-p/29898

5. About six feet with no obstructions in between.

Kind regards,

Bryson

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Bryson,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Yes, please proceed with testing the Beta version. After I receive the results, if the same issue persists, I will further explore this matter with our team.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi Bryson,

Good day!

I'm reaching out to inquire about your progress with the Beta version testing. Your feedback is valuable, and we would greatly appreciate an update regarding this issue

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos