Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7870 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz not working Legion 5 Pro

TheMach1lander

Problem

Internet drops out completely (random intervals) and gives errors in Event Veiwer.

Errors in Event Veiwer

Event 5007, Netwtw14:

The description for Event ID 5007 from source Netwtw14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP17
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event 5005, Netwtw14:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Event 5002, Netwtw14:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly

Fixing attempts

Installed the latest wifi card driver from intel. 23.70.3.1

disabled "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power."

Temporary Solution

Using: ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless adapter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TheMach1lander

Intel support recommended that I use Lenovo for anything on my PC because it’s an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) machine. Therefore the latest drivers that Intel recommends will not work on OEM’s. In addition, the problem was also caused by Windows automatically updating the drivers on my PC without me knowing. The drivers Windows recommended also won’t work on OEM’s.

So if you have a OEM machine, always check that you are using the drivers that come from the manufacturer of your machine!

This is a solution to the problem and the issue is resolved!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jason34
Beginner

Hello,

@TheMach1lander AARPwrote:

Problem

Internet drops out completely (random intervals) and gives errors in Event Veiwer.

Errors in Event Veiwer

Event 5007, Netwtw14:

The description for Event ID 5007 from source Netwtw14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP17
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event 5005, Netwtw14:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Event 5002, Netwtw14:

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly

Fixing attempts

Installed the latest wifi card driver from intel. 23.70.3.1

disabled "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power."

Temporary Solution

Using: ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless adapter

To fix network adapter issues, check for firmware updates, try a different USB port, disable power saving settings, update BIOS, and inspect for physical damage.

0 Kudos
TheMach1lander

All is up to date including the firmware and BIOS. The Wi-Fi that is giving errors is built into the computer (no USB). There cannot be physical damage to the Wi-Fi card because this is a fairly new computer (1 & 1/2 years old). This computer has not been opened, modified, or damaged. It has been handled extremely carefully.

The Wi-Fi does seem to work better on performance mode but still drops connections.

I am wondering if the latest intel driver is not compatible with my laptop manufacturer model. Could that be the issue?

The strange thing is this happened to my old laptop which is a Lenovo and has Intel Wi-Fi. That laptop was probably 4 or 5 years old. Geek Squad never fixed the issue on the old laptop because it had other problems too. So I don't know if the issues are related or what the issues even are.

I looked deeper into the error. Inside event viewer for Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz.

Event 411, Kernel-PnP

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A70&SUBSYS_00948086&REV_11\3&11583659&1&A3 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem219.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw14
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Does this error mean anything?

0 Kudos
TheMach1lander

I created a support ticket through Intel yesterday. I will reply here to mention fixing attempts and eventually the solution.

0 Kudos
VARADHARAJAN
Valued Contributor I

@TheMach1lander 

Install a custom driver developed by your laptop manufacturer. It might be the latest generic produced by Intel may not be compatible or some other device driver might be trying to corrupt the Intel driver.

0 Kudos
TheMach1lander

Intel support recommended that I use Lenovo for anything on my PC because it’s an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) machine. Therefore the latest drivers that Intel recommends will not work on OEM’s. In addition, the problem was also caused by Windows automatically updating the drivers on my PC without me knowing. The drivers Windows recommended also won’t work on OEM’s.

So if you have a OEM machine, always check that you are using the drivers that come from the manufacturer of your machine!

This is a solution to the problem and the issue is resolved!

0 Kudos