Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7774 Discussions

Intel WiFi 6E AX210 160mhz connection issue

amex33
Beginner

Hello,

I have two laptops Acer Aspire 7730G and Hp dv7-2080ev.

Recently i purchase two Intel WiFi 6E AX210 160mhz pcie cards because of upgrade my internet connection.

On Acer Aspire all working intact and the speed is stable and exactly as transmited from the router.

On the HP dv-7  the speed is low and when i try  to test with my provider speed program or via speedtest.net, i receive error message that "something went wrong" and also the speed drops and come back many times.

In HP laptop  network adapter control panel the speed is 866.7 but the overal receive speed  is only 75Mbs instead of 200Mbs that i have in the other (Acer) laptop and this is the real speed from my provider. 

Both laptops operating with Windows 10 x64 22H2 and with the same wifi drivers and i replaced the cards from one laptop to another but with no result.

Is there any suggestion about this problem???

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After you installed the AX210 cards, you should have fully uninstalled all previous instances of the Intel Proset/Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages and then freshly installed the latest Intel Proset/Wireless and Bluetooth packages. If this isn't what you did, then you should do so now.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Note that, when performing this process, it is best to do so with Internet access disabled. That is, unplug any Ethernet cable and/or hard disable Wireless. This is so Windows Update does not interfere with the process.

0 Kudos
amex33
Beginner

Dear Scott, I have followed the procedure twice but with no effect.

I even did a clean installation of windows but also no effect.

I suspect there may be some incompatibility with this particular laptop.

Thanks for your immediate answer.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello amex33,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+). I will be glad to assist you.

Since you have integrated the wireless card to your laptop, please feel free to read the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687.html).

Also, is there any error code showing up in Device Manager for Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210?

There is a possibility of a compatibility issue, however this needs to be determined by the laptop manufacturer, we recommend consulting compatibility prior to the wireless integration.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
amex33
Beginner

Dear Steven, there is no any error code in device manager. The speed that referred in wifi adapter properties  is always stable at 866.7 MHz.

I'll try to find latest drivers for the lan adapter of my laptop ...maybe there is a conflict or interference with this.

Thanks a lot for your answer and interesting about my problem.

You must close the case this time because we checked every instance of installation error or device fault.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

As for now, we will proceed to close this thread. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos