Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 AX200 wifi can not keep the connection Asus ROG Strix x570-i motherboard

AChan203
Novice

I have the exact same issue as this guy here. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004dMgXFSA0/intel-wifi-6-ax200-keeps-losing-internet-access-shows-connected-to-the-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access-losing-local-ping-also-only-on-windows-10?language=en_US&t=1589653568230

This question as since been closed but I don't think it was solved and I looked around and many other people are having the same issue. I'm on the latest driver 21.80.2.1 and the latest windows 10 update as well. Any ETA on a driver that will fix this problem as I have to run on Ethernet cable right now...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AChan203

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, we would like to gather the following information about your environment:

1. Are you having issues with Wifi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?
  2. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  4. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the motherboard?
  5. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? (e.g. Mobile networks with a cellphone).
  6. Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the PC and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).
  7. Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Maybe one that is AX compatible? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  8. Do you see any error message on the Windows® Device Manager section or similar?
  9. Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  10. Router/Access point model:

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AChan203
Novice
  1. So far wifi, I haven't used bluetooth as I have no bluetooth items connecting to the computer.
  2. Brand new motherboard. on latest bios/windows updates/drivers
  3. every since I got it it has caused issues.
  4. pre-installed on the motherboard (asus rog strix x570-i motherboard)
  5. cellphone, tablets, older computers are fine connecting to 5g network. Only ax200 wifi 6 is having issues.
  6. 2.4g network works fine but it's much slower than what my ips can provide. Only affects 5g network.
  7. No, don't have another router however, I have read quite a few other forums and many other people are having the same issue. I have also found someone that tried to use an ax router and the same issue happens and the returned the router.
  8. No error messages, only wifi disconnects and doesn't reconnect until like 1 mins later. Disconnects every 20-40mins
  9. At home but I have the router next to my computer so no interference. Did not have any issues with other devices either.
  10. Not sure exact model, it's provided by my ISP Rogers. Router: Hitron

But as stated, I've done a bit of research and it is an issue with the driver itself as many other people are having this issue

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AChan203

Thank you for your response.

The current Wireless driver on your system seems to be a generic driver version from Intel® (Version: 21.80.2), and it does not correspond with the latest customized driver available on the motherboard website. The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

In this case, we would like to recommend the following steps:

1- Please perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers. We recommend you install the customized driver from ASUS* website, version 21.70.0.6*.

2- Based on the report, it seems that you are using the Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac, please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity.

Note: In case you are running on the 802.11n standard, please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.

3- Please also check the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings. For instance, set the "Preferred band" to 5 GHz.

Try changing the "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode" based on the standard your router supports.

Also, change the "Channel width or 802.11n channel width(band 2.4/5GHz)" to 20MHz only and test the behavior. Then change it back to Auto and set also this on the router to 160MHz (or 80MHz if 160MHz is not supported). Please share details of the outcome.

4- By any chance have you checked if your router has firmware available that may help with performance and stability?

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

A- A new and complete Intel® SSU report since the one provided is incomplete and does not include all the details that the report gathers when it is run, for instance, information about the operating system, system/motherboard, BIOS, etc are missing from the report. Also, please make sure to select 'Everything' checkbox before clicking on 'Scan'.

B- Wireless security method

• Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES):
  • 802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP): 

C - WiFi network environment

• If possible, Hitron exact model & SW version (you may contact your ISP in order to get this information):
  • Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz):
  • 802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)): 
  • Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz?
  • Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz?
  • SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast):

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AChan203

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the previous recommendations. If you need further assistance please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AChan203

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If the issue persists and considering this is a new system and the problem started since you got it, we recommend checking this further with your motherboard manufacturer and also to discard hardware issues.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos