Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6E AX210 160MHz keeps disconnecting

SanaulMalik
Beginner

I recently bought a new laptop equipped with the Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz wireless adapter. When connected to my 5MHz router, it keeps disconnecting. When I check the driver properties in device manager, it shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Uninstalling the device and scanning for hardware changes temporarily fixes the issue. However after a while, Wi-Fi either starts disconnecting and connecting back to the network, or crashes with a Code 43 again. It seems stable while connected to the 2.4Ghz network.

My laptop specifications and details are as follows: 

• Razer Blade 15 Advanced (Mid-2021)
  • Intel 11th gen i7-11800H
  • RTX 3070
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 1 TB SSD
  • Intel Wifi 6E AX210 160MHz
  • Bios Razer 1.10

Fixes attempted:

• Reset the laptop using windows reset, removing all files
  • Upgraded drivers from 22.80.1.1 to the latest version, but disconnections got worse so I rolled it back.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before? If yes, when did the issue start happening?
  2. Have you reported the issue to the OEM?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SanaulMalik
Beginner

Thank you for the reply, Josue. 

In response to your queries,

1.  This laptop is only a week old. It has been happening since the first day.
  2. I have only recently opened a support ticket with Razer, still waiting for a response.
  3. I wasn't able to find any drivers in the downloads section of the Razer website.

Please find attached the requested device information.

Also I'm not sure if this is related to the drivers, but my laptop has BSOD'd twice over the last week. I've also tried testing to see if the driver fails under load by downloading a large file, but there was no issue as such. It appears to fail at random times, and has been working fine for the past two days. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

We recommend performing a clean install of the latest wireless drivers. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button.
  • Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.
  • Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version.

Clean installation of the Wireless Driver:

1- Download the latest driver from our Download Center and save the installer on the computer.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless driver.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

Regards,

Josue O. 

0 Kudos
SanaulMalik
Beginner

Hi Josue,

I have done a clean install as you recommended. The driver has been stable so far. I will update this thread if it fails again.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

Thank you for the information provided, we will wait for you to keep testing the driver. I will be following up on Friday just to check if everything is working fine or if more assistance will be needed. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
SanaulMalik
Beginner

Hello Josue,

The driver was stable for 2 days. However, it has started crashing again. At the moment I can't even stay connected for 2 minutes to the 5GHz network without the driver crashing. However, it is stable when connected to the 2.4GHz network.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

Thank you for the information provided, please try performing the following steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.

2. Go to the Connections tab

3. Click LAN Settings

4. Uncheck Automatically detect settings

5. Uninstall your Antivirus Software

Please let me know the results of this troubleshooting. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
SanaulMalik
Beginner

Hello Josue,

I have implemented your suggestions, and will update if it crashes again.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

Thank you for the update, we will wait for you to keep testing the system and check that everything works fine. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
SanaulMalik
Beginner

Hello Josue,

It crashed once again. I hope it's okay if I re-install the antivirus.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the updates @SanaulMalik. We are investigating this request for the next steps, the updates will be poste on the thread.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

In this case, our recommendation will be to get in touch with the system manufacturer and check for the recommended troubleshooting they can give you or for any advice on how to proceed. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello SanaulMalik,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos