Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Wifi Driver Installer shows error failed to parse setup.xml

Jerit3787
Beginner

NOTE : Sorry, I thought my previous thread were removed from the community so I did not do a follow-up. I’ll reopen here.

Hello Intel Community,

I'm having an issue on updating my Intel drivers. Before this, I was having issue that the setup was taking forever to complete itself in stage "Updating Documentation". Then, I thought the installer was stuck. And then, I opened up task manager and force close the installer. After that, I tried restart the installer and greeted with the message "Failed to parse setup.xml". I tried everything from uninstalling the intel driver until it uses the default pre-included intel driverand cannot uninstall further. I have tried to restart my pc but to no avail. I am using Windows 11 currently on my pc and hope to get an answer to this. I've seen other posts about this, but the author didn't reply to the thread, so I'll reopen here to get any further answer

Hope to hear again from you. Thanks in advance.

p/s: I'm not in hurry but I just wanted to see this fixed as I like to keep things updated (for security purposes). And Windows Update does not have the latest drivers currently.

current mitigation i’ve done is installing latest drivers through a third-party program. But, I would like to know what causes this in the first place. (Even third-party does not provide latest driver available on intel software website)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jerit3787,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?
  2. Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
  3. Does the issue also occur with OEM drivers?
  4. Screenshot of the issue.

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jerit3787,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Jerit3787
Beginner
Sorry, just realised the email. Will reply back to you tonight
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jerit3787,

Don't worry, we will wait for you to provide us with the information requested. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jerit3787,

Were you able to gather the information requested?

Let us know if you still need our assistance.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jerit3787,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos