Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel wifi 6 AX201 constantly stops working

Pleasehelpme12
The Intel wifi 6 AX201 adapter stops working even after a factory reset on my latop. It seems when certain applications are opened the wifi adapter stops working however recently it has been happening randomly. The only temporary fix i have found is going into update drivers and selecting Intel wifi 6 AX201 (Microsoft). But after a couple minutes, sometimes hours, it stops working again. I have uninstalled all of my wireless drivers and reinstalled fresh ones from a page i saw given in another thread. This fixed the issue for roughly 4 hours before i ran into the same issue. The only
Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel AX201.

In order to have more information about your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Also, this time I would like to recommend that you perform a clean installation of the wireless driver. Sometimes corrupted files from previous driver versions can affect the performance and well-functioning of newer drivers. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and our latest intel driver 22.180.0.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme12
Thank you for replying this issue does not happen on different networks I'm only having this issue with wifi not Bluetooth from what I can tell and i performed a clean installation of the drivers as well as factory resetting my latop but the issue still continues
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

Based on your issue, we recommend updating the BIOS on your motherboard. Contact your system manufacturer (Motherboard) support for the latest updates and BIOS installation instructions.

Also, as you state, the system connects to other networks with no issues, which indicates a possible misconfiguration within your home network. It would be ideal if you contact your Internet Service Provider for support.

As mentioned in my previous post, I want to confirm if this is the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or if have you changed/installed a new adapter recently.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme12
When you asked if it connected with other networks i thought you meant other devices. This device doesn't connect with any networks when this issue is present the wifi symbol simply doesn't show. I think i installed new adapters recently from the Intel website as well as new Bluetooth drivers just in case. About updating bios for my system im pretty sure I have already tried that although it didn't require me to contact the manufacturer so I'm not sure if i did it correctly.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12

I appreciate the information you provided.

This time I would recommend you make sure you have the recommended settings for the wireless standard: 

Also, please create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU), please, attach it to your next post.

Download the Intel SSU

• Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan, click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme12
I'm not sure how to attach an image on phone but i made sure all my settings matched the ones you posted and they did here is a photo of the advanced tab of my driver lmk if having 2 wireless modes is strange or an issue https://ibb.co/v48BCjp
0 Kudos
Pleasehelpme12
As my network adapters completely don't work at the moment and i need internet to perform this i have to uninstall my driver's, turn my latop off, wait an hour or 2 and then turn it back on to get an hour or more of stable internet before it cuts out again so I'll let you know when that's done
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

Thanks for the information provided.

About your question about if having two wireless modes is strange or an issue. I would let you know that multiple options may be available in the Intel Advanced Wi-Fi Settings Menu, depending on the type of wireless adapter, driver version, or operating system. Both wireless modes operate differently:

• 802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode:
    • This wireless mode will allow you to select whether the adapter operates in the 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11a bands.

• 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode:
    • The setting lets you select 802.11n High Throughput mode, 802.11ac Very High Throughput Mode, 802.11ax, or disable 802.11n/ac/ax modes. 

For further information, you should take a look at our article "Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings"

Also, I would be waiting for your response, where you provide us with the Intel SSU report. Remember that this report will gather information from your system, and will help us further investigate your issue.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Pleasehelpme12,

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos