Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel wireless AC 9560 160 MHz stoped working

pvflm
Beginner

My Wi-Fi connections suddenly stopped working after an windows update. My Bluetooth and wireless driver is up to date, according to the intel assistant. It starts working sometimes out of nowhere, and then stops again a few minutes latter. My notebook is an ACER NITRO 5. It has happened a few times before, and I could never fix this. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Pvflm,

There is another thread on this forum with nearly identical symptoms as what you describe. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility. Leave the default settings, click Scan, then click Next, and finally Save the results as a file. Please post back and attach the file. The information collected is OS information and hardware details. There is nothing that personally identifies you. The Intel SSU can be located here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

When you reply, please describe your home network. Include type of router or access point, how many other devices are connected to the wireless such as desktop PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and smart devices.

0 Kudos
pvflm
Beginner

Hi, thank you for your help! I don't know how to describe my network, but it has occurred before in other houses I went with my notebook. There are TVs, cellphones, notebooks and others connected to my Wi-Fi and my notebook is the only one not finding any Wi-Fi connections. I have done what you said. If you can help me, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
pvflm
Beginner

Here is the complete file.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Pvflm

In the report you attached, there is no wireless adapter at all. The report shows a Realtek PCIe Ethernet adapter. Are you sure the wireless adapter is switched on? Some laptops have the capability to turn off wireless from a keyboard function, and there is the ability to switch off Wi-Fi from the Settings / Network & Internet / Wi-Fi window. If you had the wireless turned off, please enable it, re-run the SSU, and attach the new results file. The data regarding the Wi-Fi adapter is critical in helping to work on the problem.

0 Kudos
pvflm
Beginner

It started working out of nowhere again when I turned my notebook on, but it never lasts. Then out of nowhere it will stop working again. I scanned my notebook again while network was working and I'm sure the wireless adapter will show now, but I really didn't do anything. Just turned off and on again and sometimes it works for a while and sometimes it doesn't. Any idea what it could be? It usually happens after a windows update and starts working after a while without me doing anything.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Pvflm,

Would you say the adapter works when the laptop is first turned on, and after some power management puts the laptop to sleep, the adapter is not working when the laptop wakes up? And would you say the adapter is always working when the laptop is first powered-on?

0 Kudos
pvflm
Beginner

Hi. No, it sometimes starts works after I manually reboot my laptop, but only for a few minutes and then stops again, without putting it to sleep or anything.. Sometimes I manually reboot and it still doesn't work. And a few days after the problem started it starts working again for a month or two, without any problem at all. It usually stops working after an windows update. It seems like I'm experiencing an unique issue. I've tried everything I could find online as a solution, but the only thing that really works is resetting my laptop from a pen drive and not installing any windows updates.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Pvflm,

Are you able to determine what version of Windows allows the Wi-Fi to work properly? If you can find a version where the wireless seems very stable, take note of the driver version. It may be that you cannot upgrade the wireless driver.

0 Kudos
pvflm
Beginner

Yeah, I agree. I'm not able do determine what version of the windows allows the wifi to work properly, because the problem is temporary, my network starts working again without me doing anything. I think I will just disable windows updates now that it is working and watch if the problem occurs again. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos