Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Issues with Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

Robbi
Beginner

Hello,

I have 3 issues with my WiFi connection.

1. warnings like in this thread here - https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Issues-with-Wi-Fi-6E-AX210-160MHz/td-p/1562853

2. All time I reboot my laptop I receive 2 error messages because

- WiFi adapter needs to long (I mean) to connect to my neetwork and NETLOGON service can't connect to my domain controller

- group policies can't be received

3. With many other networks, the connection is repeatedly interrupted and is only available again after a few minutes.

I have tried many times remove all drivers and clean install but still no luck.

Robbi

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Robbi
Beginner

Hello Ryamyer,

Maybe my English is too bad, but I don't see anything in the article that I can do. All the things refer to the access points and I have no influence on them in the company. Let's not kid ourselves - you won't be able to do anything in many areas in the company if other people are responsible for them. We're not talking about a company of 10 people here, but a company that now has over 5000 employees. And if I have problems, and not with all devices, the search in the access point environment is not the search for a solution.

Cheers Robbi

0 Kudos
Robbi
Beginner

Hello Ramyer,

Today I started my laptop with a Linux Life System in the company. It has been running for 4 hours without interruption. There are also no messages to be seen. This shows me that the Windows drivers are just bad.

Cheers Robbi

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Robbi, 

Thank you for your patience. After discussing with our team, we would like to clarify that connectivity issues are predominantly managed by the wireless router/AP (Access Point), which serves as the central hub for broadcasting the WiFi signal and facilitating communication. Various factors can contribute to WiFi connection problems, including the operating system (OS), applications, signal interference, physical obstructions, AP configurations, and network congestion related to wireless mode, channel width, channels, or SSIDs.

Given these complexities, we strongly recommend reaching out to the router/AP manufacturer as a first step, since the issue may stem from a compatibility or functionality conflict within the specific configuration of your office network environment.

Aside from this, you may also want to consider the following steps:

1. Switch to a channel with fewer nearby networks or routers to reduce congestion.
  2. Wider bandwidth may be more noisy and causing interference, consider to reduce the the wireless AP channel width.
  3. Upgrade the router/AP to the latest firmware
  4. Some legacy APs may have compatibility issue with supporting the SMPS mode and may cause various link quality problems. On AX210 Advanced settings > MIMO power save mode, you may consider changing the settings from 'Auto SMPS' to 'No SMPS', and see if issue improves.
  5. If the generic or windows driver still presents the same issue, it would be best to reach out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer for the latest OEM Drivers.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos