Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7823 Discussions

Killer BE1750X built in Alienware M18 R2 witho no 6Ghz

Raiden86
Beginner

Hil to all!

I bought an Alienware Laptop, M18 R2 with the Killer BE1750x.

I have Asus RT-AXE7800 router and my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is connected to the 6ghz without any issue. So, I´m sure that the band is working.

I cannot get working the Wifi with 6ghz. Only 5ghz and 2.4ghz.

I have all the drivers up to date. 

Is there any troubleshooting or solution to this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86,

Thank you for posting in the communities. To further investigate this for you, kindly please share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your configuration. Additionally, is the BE1750X able to connect before to 6Ghz? If it does, what changes have you made on the system before the issue occurred? I will be waiting for your rely.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

Hi RamyerM_Intel, 

Thanks for your reply. I attach the logs you requested.

The System is fresh new. It´s the first time that this laptop came to my home. But as I said, my Galaxy S23 Ultra can connect to my 6ghz band without any issue. I have no other device that support this band.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

I noticed that the network card is not in the log, weird. 

Just in case, I attach a screen with the device and driver version

Raiden86_0-1718805505364.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

Thank you for sharing this details. Upon checking I can confirm that you are using the latest drivers from Dell which is good practice. I do want to confirm, are there any pending windows update in your system? 

Would you be able to try and install our generic driver with the version 23.50.0.6 for isolation purposes? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

RamyerM_Intel,

I have no any update pending. I did all the updates from Windows update and from dell, firmware BIOS included.

I tested the latest driver you mentioned without success. I tried the driver from Dell, the two drivers intel offer and the driver that install automatically Windows. None of these drivers manage to make it work.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

I am sorry to hear about this results. I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team and give you an update on this thread once a solution is available. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner
Ramyer M,

Thanks for you help. I will waiting for any news.

Regards
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we highly advise following these steps:

1. To isolate the issue, kindly try connecting the computer to an alternative 6GHz access point. This will help us determine whether the problem is confined to the original access point or is more widespread
  2. Please apply the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity by following the article.
  3. Upon checking, the wireless driver can be manually updated to the OEM Driver recommended by Dell. Please update to the most recent version available which s 35.23.12137, A34.
  4. Conduct a Windows update to ensure all system components are current.
  5. By the way, have you already reached out to Dell regarding this concern?  

For your convenience, I am also sharing this article for reference of the troubleshooting steps:  

Let us know of the results, I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

RamyerM_Intel,

1) Unfortunately, I cannot do this test at this moment because in my country, its not common that someone has 6ghz band. But, I aware that and I test with my phone to ensure that the Band is working well.

Raiden86_1-1719236014620.jpeg

2) I read that article. Not useful because all the settings are set by default as the article shows

3) I tried this driver. Same result

4) Windows Update is up to date

Raiden86_0-1719235981575.png

5) I have not reached to them yet. But I will if you can not find a solution.

6) I attatch the Wifi Router configuration just to see there is no any special configuration. All set to auto

Raiden86_2-1719236266383.png

Thanks in advanced. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

Thank you for sharing this details. I will proceed in coordinating this with our engineers for a proper investigation. Rest assured that I will give you an update on this thread once a solution is available. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

Hi RamyerM_Intel!

Today I talked with Dell Support. They did some diagnostics but they couldnt find any issue regarding the hardware. So they think that its something related to software (SO or driver).

Just to share with you this information.

Regards

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86,

Thank you for updating us on this result as well. I will take note of this with our engineers and give you an update on this thread once a solution is available. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello Raiden86,

Thank you for patiently waiting. 

We would like to remind you that the availability of the 6GHz band is subject to regulation by local authorities, and there is a possibility that it may not be supported on your device depending on the system manufacturer's settings. We encourage you to reach out to your system manufacturer for confirmation regarding this matter.

Additionally, we suggest following the steps outlined in the provided articles as they may help resolve the issue. Should the problem persist, we recommend contacting DELL for further assistance and guidance. Once you have done so, please feel free to update us on the situation.

Here are the articles, similar to the killer wireless cards.

You may also try the following:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters section and double-click the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211.
  3. Select the Advanced Tab.
  4. Locate the Preferred Band option and change its value to Prefer 6GHz band.
  5. Click the OK to save the changes.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Raiden86
Beginner

Hi VonM_Intel, How are you?

i`m aware the 6ghz band regulation and besides that, in my country works well as I mentioned before. I can connect with my Galaxy S23 Ultra without any issue.

I talked with Dell. We did a lot of diagnostic and they told me that my laptop has no any issue regarding the Wifi. They suggested me that talk with Intel Team.

I saw all the articles you mentioned. I followed all the steps.. No one works.
I set the 6ghz prefered band the first moment I get the laptop. But it does not work either.

Raiden86_0-1720656041462.png

I also bought a Wifi Analyzer lite from microsoft store, to see if the 6ghz band is radiating, but I do not see any signal

Raiden86_1-1720658711300.png

My Phone see the 6Ghz network:

Raiden86_2-1720659338375.jpeg

I tried to install Windows Preliminar updates, because I read in some another forum that a guy resolved the same issue joining and installing a Windows Version of the preliminar channel. But it doesnt work in my case.

Before this laptop, I had an Alienware M17 R3 with Killer AX1650x card. Had a lot of issues too. I had to use the oldest driver to archive an excellent bandwith download. I also had  micro-cuts with this card. No micro-cuts with this AX1750x, but I cannot connect to 6Ghz

I do not know what else can I test.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

Seeing that you have already tried intensive troubleshooting and already reached out to Dell, kindly please allow us to conduct further investigation with this additional details. I promise to give you an update on this thread once a solution is available. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Raiden86, 

Thank you for your patience. After coordinating with our team, we want to inform you that 6 GHz compatibility depends on the hardware BIOS, laptop wireless regulations, and router/AP settings. We highly recommend confirming with your Original Equipment Manufacturer whether the system has been validated and approved for 6 GHz compatibility as upon checking the BIOS versions, there is no mention that this laptop supports it.

Once confirmed, you can check with the router/AP OEM for 6 GHz settings, channel bandwidth, and channels for the laptop wireless. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos