Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

No Bluetooth-Audiostreaming with DualBand WirelessN 7260 under Windows 8

DEube
Beginner

Hello,

i've got a litte problem. I installed the latest Software and Drivers, but I'm not able to stream music or phone calls from my htc One X (Android 4.2.2) to my Notebook. I can connect without any problems and can transfer files, but there is no possibility to stream sound/music ?

Is this a general problem with this driver? Maybe you can help me =)

Thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
43 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Dominic.E, are you getting the (music and audio, headset and speakerphone...) options in your device properties as shown in the screenshots of the link below?

http://www.7tutorials.com/connecting-smartphones-your-computer-bluetooth-device-control http://www.7tutorials.com/connecting-smartphones-your-computer-bluetooth-device-control

0 Kudos
DEube
Beginner

Thanks for reply

No, exactly these information are not shown there -.-" Someone on a youtube video mentioned, that some drivers are not compatible with Windows 8, so thats why it isn working. If you are search on web for a while you could find many people with this problem.

Maybe I have to add, that i have an Acer V7-582PG Notebook. Tried latest driver from Acer Homepage and latest driver directly from intel homepage. the driver from intel page is a little bit newer than from acer page, but the result is the same :/

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I see what you mean regarding the options. Please allow us more time to investigate.

0 Kudos
DEube
Beginner

I did some screenshots, how it looks like maybe you can imagine better, what i mean =) I'm from germany, so its all in german ^^

So does it look like if no driver is installed (standard driver will be installed => generic driver)

So does it look like after installing driver from intel homepage:

After pairing my device (htc one x with android 4.2.2) :

This are the Haardware-IDs of the three Peripheral-Devices:

BTHENUM\{fbe4be12-374a-486b-a473-24e39408a24d}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

BTHENUM\{00006675-7475-7265-6469-616c62756d70}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

and so does it look like in bluetooth device settings:

So maybe it helps you a bit

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the screenshots. It seems that some Bluetooth profiles are missing in Windows* 8.

Have you verified if the computer manufacturer provides different Bluetooth software version?

You may also want to check if there is any driver provided by the smartphone manufacturer for their product.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

On Windows 8, Audio profiles support is provided by Microsoft. After you pair your audio device, simply play the music using Windows Media Player or Music App. The audio should start streaming automatically.

In case if you have any troubles, open sounds applet from control panel and check if the playback device is set to the newly paired audio device.

Hope this helps

----------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm not speaking for my employer (Intel)

0 Kudos
DEube
Beginner

I don't want to stream music from my laptop to another device.

I want to stream music from my device (mobilephone) to my laptop.

@joe_intel

i alrdy tried installing drivers from htc, i wrote it under my screenshots alrdy

there are no differences between installing drivers or not -.-"

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

That's not supported by Microsoft BT stack on Windows 8. Windows 8 and later supports BT audio streaming to another device only.

----------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm not speaking for my employer (Intel)

0 Kudos
CUrru
Beginner

Hello.

I have a HP ENVY with an "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adapter" running Windows 8, with this same problem, do you have a driver update to fix this?

Thanks in advance... =/
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may check for the latest version here: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034060.htm Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software; Intel� PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth� technology

0 Kudos
CUrru
Beginner

I updated the driver to the lastest version (3.1.13.11 Windows8_x64) with the same result.

Hardware Id:

USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA&REV_7869

The computer shows :

Controller date; 18/10/2013.

Controller Ver; 3.1.1311.400

I tried to connect 3 different phones in this mode without success;

1.- Motorola RAZR HD (xt925)

2.- Samsung Galaxy ACE (GT-P7510)

3.- Blackberry 9700

My results are (All the windows are ordered in the phone list order):

Where the services tab for each device shows:

And the functions for each device in the hardware tab:

The red marks correspond to audio headphones and audio hands-free bridges, and audio origin services.

So clearly the phones aren't the problem.

=========================== UPDATE ==========================

I tried pairing the blackberry with a VirtualMachine running Windows Vista, using the same bluetooth. This shows a new option, wich plays the music from the mobile phone in to the computer, that option is not visible in Windows 8.

Galaxy ACE shows the same "Play Music" option, and motorola have pairing options.

This was just to test my devices and my bluetooth card, so I think the problem resides in the driver...

Message edited by: Cristian Urrutia

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks a lot for this detailed information. I can also stream music in Windows* 7.

I am going to double check on this issue.

CUrru
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

A new Intel® Proset Wireless Bluetooth Software will be released soon. I will update the thread as soon as it is available.

DVand32
Novice

Hi

I also have the same problem as Dominic.Eregarding the missing Bluetooth audio profiles on Windows 8.1.

It's on my Asus ultrabook with an Intel bluetooth adapter. I've tried the latest drivers provided by Asus, as well as the latest drivers from the Intel website, but still no audio profiles show up.

Driver in Device Manager: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter

@ joe_intel any news on release date for the new Intel® Proset Wireless Bluetooth Software you've mentioned?

0 Kudos
DEube
Beginner

Will the Audio Profiles be included in new Software?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

For now I can only comment that we are still testing the driver.

0 Kudos
DVand32
Novice

I completely removed the old drivers and reinstalled the new drivers available. But there is still no audio profiles available on the device - I have tried with my HTC One and Nexus 7. See below:

As opposed to what it SHOULD look like:

On Windows' side, it is exactly the same as /message/224795# 224795 the screenshots in a post on the previous page.

Meaning, all the audio profiles are correctly installed on Windows 8.1, but the devices don't "see" these profiles

Any ideas joe_intel ?