Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz not working after system sleep-awake in Dell Inspiron 7391 2-in-1 laptop.

Vam
Beginner

Laptop: Dell New inspiron 7391 2-in1

OS: Windows 10 Home-updated to the latest version May 2004.

After a system sleep awake, wi-fi and blue tooth not working. Error Message in Device manager - The device cannot start (code 10).  Need a hard shutdown (shift+shut down) to make it work again.  Trouble shooting shows the adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Installed the latest driver packages from Dell support site. Re installed windows.  Downloaded the latest drivers from Intel for wireless and bluetooth and installed them. But the problem is not resolved fully.  Sometimes the wireless adapter is not starting after a system sleep and awake. Please help for a permanent solution.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Vam

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. 

You can try following the steps on Code 10 in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless device.

Since this is happening after coming out of sleep mode, it would be important confirming that system’s power-saving setting on the BIOS level (contact DELL™) and the operating system (contact Microsoft) to make sure that during the sleep state the system does not turn off the wireless adapter.

Reference link:

Code 10 in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless device:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Wi-Fi-6-AX201-160MHz-not-working-after-system-sleep-awake-in/m-p/1191627#M29733

DELL™ support:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?lwp=rt

Microsoft® support:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Vam
Beginner

Hi, Leonardo C

Thank you for guiding me to Dell support and Microsoft support.

In Dell system bios there is no option for managing power to Network adapter.

In Network adapter device property window there is  no power management tab.

Can you get me the correct version of drivers for wireless adapter and bluetooth for Intel wi-fi 6 AX201 160 MHz.  Currently installed versions are 21.90.2.1 for both.

System: Dell inspiron 7391 2in1, i5 10th Gen, Windows 10 Home(64) updated to the latest version - 2004.

Regards,

0 Kudos
UgoChaka
Beginner

In the properties of the device on the power management tab, disable the permission to turn off the device to save energy. This is the top property.

0 Kudos
Vam
Beginner

Thank you for the response.  There is no power management tab in the network adapter property window.  So I could not disable the permission.

OS is Windows 10 Home updated to the latest version 2004 (May 2020)

0 Kudos
UgoChaka
Beginner

this property window should open from the device manager

1234.jpg

0 Kudos