Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7631 Discussions

Wifi not working in Linux using AX200 on Beelink mini PC

Lindhorst
Novice

I am having the same problem as reported here. In fact, I appear to have the exact same hardware:

Beelink SER5 Pro , AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD.

Wifi worked with Winfows 11 that came with the unit, but it does not work after installing Linux (openSUSE Leap 15.5).

Output of command lspci shows the wifi adapter:

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)

The output of command  modinfo iwlwifi  is attached.

Can you please help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lindhorst,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  

3. Was the Wi-Fi working before on this computer under Linux?

4. What is the Linux version and Kernel?

5. Did you check with Beelink to confirm if Linux is supported on this computer?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Lindhorst
Novice

Hi Deivid,

Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, this is the original adapter that came with the computer
  2. Yes, bluetooth is working. I can find devices and pair them.
  3. No, wifi did not work with Linux at all. It only worked with Windows.
  4. Linux is "openSUSE Leap 15.5" and the kernel is 5.14.21-150500.53-default
  5. I was not able to find any info regarding Linux support from Beelink on this model

Best,

Paul

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lindhorst, 

Thanks for your response. I would like to let you know that the manufacturer of the computer can choose the supported operating system on their device and any other operating system may not behave as expected.

Can you test this behavior with Ubuntu (the latest version), to confirm if the issue is limited to the openSUSE?

Also, bear in mind that our support with Linux is limited, you can check the following link for further information:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Lindhorst
Novice

Thanks for sending the link. I tried Ubuntu as well, but it doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lindhorst, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Before I continue further, I recommend you to get in contact with the computer manufacturer to confirm if the computer is compatible with Linux.

If the confirm that the unit supports Ubuntu and openSUSE, provide the following information using Ubuntu's latest version.

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Run the following commands and send us the outcome:  

• modinfo iwlwifi > If there is no output, then the module isn’t installed this is the distribution installation issue. lsmod | grep iwlwifi > If the result is empty, the driver hasn't been loaded. Most likely to be a distribution issue.  
  • To verify, please type: dmesg | grep iwlwifi > If the result is empty, the driver wasn’t initialized and this is a distribution issue. If there is a result populated, proceed with the next step.   
  • dmesg | grep “no suitable firmware found!” > If the result is not empty, it means you don't have a suitable FW (api mentioned in the dmesg).  
  • Please visit here: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi for supported FW, or here https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/ for the latest versions.  

3. If the above steps don't work, collect the debug data:  

• Type: dmesg | grep ASSERT   

If the output is empty, please follow this wiki: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi/debuggig to extract dmesg and trace-cmd.  

If the output has value, please collect it from the wiki FW dump too.  

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Lindhorst
Novice

Hi Deivid,

I got the wifi to work today. I wish I would understand why it is working now, what made the difference. Here is what i did:

• Used a wired network connection with an ethernet cable
  • installed Ubuntu 22.04.02 LTS from a USB stick
  • During installation, chose to update packages and install proprietary drivers
  • After the installation completed I was able to connect to my wifi network and remove the wired connection

Thanks for sending the additional troubleshooting steps. I ran them and will try to understand their output.

Now that wifi is working, we can close this conversation. Thanks again for the pointers.

Paul

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Lindhorst, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I am glad to know that you were able to fix the issue by reinstalling the operating system.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos