Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Windows 10/11 5Ghz wont connect with AX200

cthomp
Beginner

Hello,

We have several of these HP laptops here, some of the special ones have the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz cards in them. These laptops will not connect to the wireless network on the default settings, and when they do connect they get horrid performance(over 75% packet loss). 

I have done the standard remove the device, clean the cache restart the machine, update the drive. etc, etc. 

As stated we have more than 1 of these and the behaviour confirmed across them. Other devices function and remain connected without problems.

Any insight would be helpful, I'm now checking it with windows 11 using driver 22.130.0.5

Thank-You

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did HP not test these laptops?

Are you using the HP supplied driver?

Have you contacted HP for support?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
cthomp
Beginner

I did ultimately find the solution, the band of the 5GHz network was apparently too much for this card to handle. I dropped it down to only offer 20MHz, and all of these laptops then connected. Admittedly I'm not very satisfied, but our newer machines are all Lenovo, so I'm not willing to keep on the dead horse. I'll leave that to someone else.

0 Kudos